Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I parted with my M28/2.8 without taking a shot. Reason was to fund the M85/2.

Seb.

10-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If I buy a lens it’s usually done with some research, so I have none that I could get rid of because I don’t like them.
The only lenses that I have ever owned that would fall into the “get rid of quickly” category are ones that came as part of a used camera kit I purchased. These kits sometimes have third party lenses that just end up in the garbage or given away.

Phil.
10-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hoanpham Quote
Zav,
Your copy of the K135/2.5 must be something wrong with it or you have never used it.
I have many other 135mm, but the K135/2.5 still in my keeper's list. and I don't think I let it go if i got 135/2 or 135/1.8...
+1 the K135/2.5 is a great lens.

Phil.
10-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #64

My choice would be FA 50mm 1.4. It was too soft at 1.4 and I didnt like it one bit because the reason that I bought it was mainly for it to be used wide open. I already sold it and though it was not exactly done in a heartbeat, I didnt have any hesitation and no regrets even until now.

10-26-2012, 04:41 PM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by azerak Quote
My choice would be FA 50mm 1.4. It was too soft at 1.4 and I didnt like it one bit because the reason that I bought it was mainly for it to be used wide open. I already sold it and though it was not exactly done in a heartbeat, I didnt have any hesitation and no regrets even until now.
Were you using a hood?

I too found the FA50-1.4 soft up til f2.8... Then I put a nice metal hood on it and am now happy to shoot it at f1.7 (when it gets a look in from my FA35...)
10-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #66
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jakeblues Quote
I'd part with my Super Takumar 105 2.8 in a heartbeat. Bought it two years ago. Might have taken 10 pics total with it.
This is my issue. All of my lenses are good even the old off brand ones that I have but I have pretty much settled on 6 that I use all of the time. The others almost never leave the cabinet. Some great lenses but they should get sold since they don't get used.
10-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #67

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As for all the chatter above regarding the K200D, this is my only DSLR, and my first DSLR, but I love it. I'm sure I'd be wowed by the K-5, but not knowing better, I've got no complaints (other than wanting a little more ISO ). I've done pretty well with it.

The Takumar Bayonet 135 2.5, I think has a bit of a bad rap. I've been able to get some great shots, so long as I kept in mind where the light was. SMC coating is no joke, that's for sure...

All the lenses I have now, I can't bear to part with - Each and everyone has it's place. One lens i did have that I did give away, was a "Kitstar" 28mm F2.8. I think it was actually manufactured by Makinon. Regardless, this lens was soft from wide open to fully stopped down, had no contrast, and wasn't really any fun to focus with either. I gave that lens to my gf at the time, with an Eric CLR'd ME Super. I do not regret giving up the lens, one iota, but I do regret losing that camera... At least it was a way to get rid of the lens without paying shipping myself...

10-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #68
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Now I have a new Tamron 70-300mm 4-5.6 Tele-macro. I have had it for about 3 months, used mainly for outside portraiture, and found it to do a very nice job with decent bokeh. I will watch it for some of the issues you raise. It was an economical lens to buy, so I was not expecting wonders from it, in any event, but for what I am using it for, it works pretty well.