Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2012, 02:22 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Inexpensive Pentax lens to add to a sale package - suggestions wanted.

In order to make my sales ad in the Marketplace more "appealing", I've decided, after a suggestion from another member, to include a lens in the package:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographic-equipment-sale/162868-sale-p...hipping-n.html

So, I am looking for an inexpensive lens ( not "cheap") that will fit the bill.

Any suggestion(s)?

JP

Last edited by jpzk; 05-01-2012 at 05:56 PM.
05-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Er... are you asking for our suggestion as far as your collection goes.. or are you planning on getting an inexpensive lens just to add to the package?
05-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #3
Pentaxian

18-55mm

It's what Pentax would do.
05-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Er... are you asking for our suggestion as far as your collection goes.. or are you planning on getting an inexpensive lens just to add to the package?
Yeah ... inexpensive lens to add to the package.
I thought this was clear enough but obviously not.
Thanks.

JP

05-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
18-55mm

It's what Pentax would do.
Thanks Pano.

I'll be looking for one of these then. Hopefully in the Marketplace.

JP
05-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

FYI to fix your thread title, just click on edit and go advanced, then change it. The thread title will be updated as long as you do this within a day of originally posting your thread

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #7
Veteran Member

18-55 WR costs a bit more but would complete the weather-sealed kit of yours.

I'm surprised that no one has purchased it yet... have you tried to list it on Ebay and/or Craigslist as well? Maybe adding a tripod or a camera bag that you don't use anymore to the deal would help?
05-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
FYI to fix your thread title, just click on edit and go advanced, then change it. The thread title will be updated as long as you do this within a day of originally posting your thread
Thank you, Adam.
Corrections done !

JP

05-01-2012, 06:02 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Julie Quote
18-55 WR costs a bit more but would complete the weather-sealed kit of yours.

I'm surprised that no one has purchased it yet... have you tried to list it on Ebay and/or Craigslist as well? Maybe adding a tripod or a camera bag that you don't use anymore to the deal would help?
Thanks for the suggestion, Julie.

I've considered eBay but not Craiglist. It probably would be worthwhile to try anyway, but I will test the grounds for another little while here before I do that.

Considering that the price is quite good for the whole gear, and considering I will most likely add a lens to the package, I think that adding a tripod or a bag in the edal would be too much to ask from me.

Funny that a few "potential" buyers were interested but went and bought a "less value for the money" kit somewhere else.
Oh well, that's OK.
I'll probably end up delisting it and relisting later with a new "ad".

Cheers.

JP
05-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Thanks for the suggestion, Julie.

I've considered eBay but not Craiglist. It probably would be worthwhile to try anyway, but I will test the grounds for another little while here before I do that.

Considering that the price is quite good for the whole gear, and considering I will most likely add a lens to the package, I think that adding a tripod or a bag in the edal would be too much to ask from me.

Funny that a few "potential" buyers were interested but went and bought a "less value for the money" kit somewhere else.
Oh well, that's OK.
I'll probably end up delisting it and relisting later with a new "ad".

Cheers.

JP
JP, I meant adding something such as bag, tripod, etc... that you don't really use and would like to sell/get rid of anyway and up the price a little bit. Like on Ebay, I myself think that I would pay an extra $50 for a camera that came in a complete package with a bag, memory card, tripod, filters or whatever than to pay $50 and just get a camera body. When you add more things, it looks like the package is worth more.

Maybe it wouldn't be a big help on the forum ad, but on Ebay or somewhere, I think people who are just starting out on photography would really appreciate being able to buy a package with everything they need to get started.
05-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #11
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Julie Quote
JP, I meant adding something such as bag, tripod, etc... that you don't really use and would like to sell/get rid of anyway and up the price a little bit. Like on Ebay, I myself think that I would pay an extra $50 for a camera that came in a complete package with a bag, memory card, tripod, filters or whatever than to pay $50 and just get a camera body. When you add more things, it looks like the package is worth more.

Maybe it wouldn't be a big help on the forum ad, but on Ebay or somewhere, I think people who are just starting out on photography would really appreciate being able to buy a package with everything they need to get started.
I see what you mean, Julie.

I'll be looking for a 18-55mm lens and ad it to the package first ... see what happens next.
Little "perks" always bring punch to a sale, don't they?
Yes, of course, the WR version is more appealing. (re: your first reply)

JP