Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2012, 05:04 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
selar has shown you some comparative shots - that's one example. People make their own minds up, but if your trying to convince us that FA 31 is a mediocre lens amongst its peers then you'll do so in vain. I know what results I get with the lens and have made my own comparisons and assessments. I'm sure many others have done the same. Those who don't care for the FA 31 don't need what it can do, so each user forms their opinions of the lenses accordingly.
Those are the not so good examples. Anyway, I am not trying to convince anyone neither you can convince me that FA31 is any better than FA35 or Sigma 30/1.4. Everyone has their own opinion. I expressed and formed my opinion with example but no one opposing the argument came up with any solid example including you. So if you care for FA31 be happy, no need to convince me of how good it is - especially with words, photos are always welcome.

05-04-2012, 05:24 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
neither you can convince me that FA31 is any better than FA35
Err, umm, there appears to be no shortage of people convinced of the value of the FA31, its probably the most high demand Pentax lens on the marketplace, it hardly matters if you are convinced or not.

Now lets stop hijacking this FA43 thread, my apologies to the OP for the part I played n the hijack, I should have known better.
05-04-2012, 06:02 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
Those are the not so good examples. Anyway, I am not trying to convince anyone neither you can convince me that FA31 is any better than FA35 or Sigma 30/1.4. Everyone has their own opinion. I expressed and formed my opinion with example but no one opposing the argument came up with any solid example including you. So if you care for FA31 be happy, no need to convince me of how good it is - especially with words, photos are always welcome.
I direct you to this overly used review sm-02-05-02

However as the author correctly pointed out, "[d]igital processing in Adobe Photoshop — by applying sharpening, unsharp masking, and contrast controls — can make digital prints mimic "looks" once obtainable only by using great optics. . . . Lens quality may not matter any more . . . it's all going digital anyway." PP can make or break a digital picture and an excellent lens just means it's eaiser to PP than a less steller one.
05-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Film Labs can do the scanning for you, so it’s actually easier and I spend less time in front of a PC than I would shooting digital. I can’t handle PP and find that painfully boring, sorry not my cup of tea.
The cost of high resolution scans for hundreds of images would be prohibitive. Furthermore, I enjoy digital editing, as that is where the real creative magic occurs, IMO.

Rob

Last edited by robgo2; 05-06-2012 at 10:20 AM.
05-05-2012, 01:36 PM - 1 Like   #50
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Right selar. I don't know how much pixie dust the FA 43 has, I just know it impresses me the more I use it. This one with minimal digital editing:

05-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #51
Veteran Member

Lovely shot, Ash!