Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
Veteran Member

square trade for used ebay lenses?

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with square trade warranty's for used lenses bought on ebay or for that matter any camera equipment where there were multiple items in one auction.

I got a tamron xr 28-200mm, a pentax F 100-300mm a film camera that I don't really care about (though it seems to be in good working order) and some filters. I wondering how they handle the warranty when there are multiple items? I'm also wondering if anyone has had service on a new or used lens through square trade? I have heard a few stories about square trade refusing service on used ebay items because they shouldn't have qualified and they just refund the warranty rather than pay for repairs. I have also heard they only cover up to the purchase price. Since a repair would probably cost more than the purchase price, would they refund the whole purchase price if 1 item went bad?

Any experience or even anything you have heard would be helpful. Its probably not worth it but its pretty cheap so I was just curious.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
ebay, experience, k-mount, pentax lens, price, purchase, refund, slr lens, square, square trade, trade, warranty