Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2006, 03:21 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax-FA 77mm f/1.8 Limited

I have been looking to buy the black version of the FA 77mm and have been in contact with Henry's (a camera dealer here in Canada). They say that they will place the order but it will likely take a month to a couple of months to arrive.

Is this true? And is there any way to speed this up (ordering elsewhere, contacting Pentax).

Thanks,
Sean B.

12-28-2006, 04:09 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I think B+H in the US have some in stock but that would involve a lengthy wait with the Canadian customs and an import charge. They do sometimes come up on eBay and mine came from a second hand dealer in the UK. Whatever you do, it is worth the wait.

Kim
12-28-2006, 04:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

No more on ebay lately unless the sales come from the Japan ebay sellers (they seemed to realise the potential profit selling on ebays with Japanese stock)
12-28-2006, 04:55 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kim C Quote
I think B+H in the US have some in stock but that would involve a lengthy wait with the Canadian customs and an import charge. They do sometimes come up on eBay and mine came from a second hand dealer in the UK. Whatever you do, it is worth the wait.

Kim
B+H is also out of stock. I ordered one through PentaxImaging.com (the US supplier/distributor of Pentax?) and they told me at least 5 weeks in mid-December but they could not gurantee that time frame. I am still waiting.....

12-28-2006, 06:12 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks all for your responses. I guess I'll just bite the bullet and phone Henrys up tomorrow. They don't list the black version on their site you have to phone them to order that one. They are the best Canadian price ($699.99 CAN) I have found thus far, if anyone knows one better, let me know.

Thanks again,
Sean B.
12-29-2006, 11:16 AM   #6

I sure hope Pentax extends the rebates on all these out-of-stock lenses. It's pretty frustrating when you're trying to decide which camera to buy and one brand doesn't the lenses you'd like in stock and you might also miss the rebate. If the 77mm were in stock today I'd probably be buying the K100D. As it is, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
12-29-2006, 01:09 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MrKahuna Quote
I sure hope Pentax extends the rebates on all these out-of-stock lenses. It's pretty frustrating when you're trying to decide which camera to buy and one brand doesn't the lenses you'd like in stock and you might also miss the rebate. If the 77mm were in stock today I'd probably be buying the K100D. As it is, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
When I placed my order for th 77 in mid-December I asked PentaxImaging.com that question and was told because I placed my order they would honor the rebate even if the lens arrived after the rebate had ended. I took the man's name and I will believe it when I see it, as the saying goes.