Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
some days the magic happens - your turn next?

I had been contemplating a "final" piece of my current lens puzzle (yeah right, I'll never buy another lens ). I had been tempted by Rikenon's 35-70 zooms for a while, as most copies of anyone's 35-70mm lens are decent - and having their 28 and 70-150 it seemed a natural fit to my manual kit. They made several over the years, the lightest being the 'P' version. After holding out for a few months it felt like time, and the Marketplace had one of the variants.. but payday had to happen first. For no clear reason I wandered over to shopgoodwill, with which I have had mostly winners but not all - and there was a Ricoh XR-10 SLR with the f/3.4-4.5 'P' attached. I won it Wednesday, paid them $21, and received it today! The price was silly (especially with a nice film body attached), the lens though absurdly plastic seems to do nice work.. and the Marketplace lens sold without me. Everybody's a winner!

'macro' mode, 70mm wide open - jpeg unretouched

So stay patient when the tide seems against you, and good things can still happen for the frugal. I wish similar luck to all lens hunters here!

05-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like a great bargain lens.

Congrats on the buy!