Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Sorry for the condescension!

05-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #17
Pentaxian

The following fix may or may not work but it's worth giving it shot. At your local hardware/lumber store you might find "Shimco Shims" or equivalent. It's a rectangular piece of hardwood that's been machined to form a pair of long wedges. Img002 shows the shim is canted only on one side, and img002 shows the two pieces placed together to form parallel surfaces. Take the two shims and insert them in the affected area of the lens mount until the shims are held in snug (img003, 004). While taking acre to keep the shims from slipping out of the lens mount, steadily push the two shims against each other to spread the warped area of the lens mount.

Sand or file a concave arc on the edge of the two shims that will be touching the lens mount to maximize the surface contact between the warped flange and the shims. I haven't tried to fix a lens mount that's as warped as your lens is but I have used these shims to spread apart some third party m42 to K adapters to make them fit better on my K20D.

I hope this helps,
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
05-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you - I will try that and report back. I think I can figure it out from your pictures.