Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Good Day for Lens Sale?

(specifics deleted by moderator as not relevant - OP stated he is just curious about what time of day people tend to read forums)

What is the best time for all to see (some particular marketplace posting) that might be interested in it.

Just asking a question here, so some won't say they never saw it.
Thanks, Jeff

Last edited by Marc Sabatella; 05-06-2012 at 10:35 AM.
05-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Spamming a for sale item is bad form and also against forum rules.

The answer to your question is as simple as what time zone do you wish to sell to. The default order of the listings is by most recent activity. You can bump as often as you like.

Steve
05-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Not going to get in a pissing contest with you.

I was asking a SIMPLE question here, for any that might be interested in a lens, and I DIDN'T want them to tell me later they missed out on it.

I was just asking what was the best time to make a good deal for someone, was weekends, or during the week better, (wasn't putting the ad here, as I have paid the forums, and it is already listed)

If you are not interested in the lens, or don't have anything good to say about it, why do you have to throw your two cents in. Looks like you would have something better to do with your time.

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Spamming a for sale item is bad form and also against forum rules.

The answer to your question is as simple as what time zone do you wish to sell to. The default order of the listings is by most recent activity. You can bump as often as you like.

Steve
05-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Posting for sale announcements is done in the Marketplace and the Marketplace only. If you'd like to ask a general question about when people tend to read Marketplace postings, that's fine, so I,ve edited your original post accordingly.

05-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
That is fine Thank You. As I stated, I was just trying to get an idea of when most are on here that might be interested in something. I know many times weekends are not good, (or has been with some people) as that is the time they are out and about, and away from their computers. Thanks again so much.
Jeff

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Posting for sale announcements is done in the Marketplace and the Marketplace only. If you'd like to ask a general question about when people tend to read Marketplace postings, that's fine, so I,ve edited your original post accordingly.
05-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I have no idea but you could try keeping an eye on the forum activity stats near the bottom of the main forum page. It tells how many active users there are. I'm not sure how often that updates though. It might give you some idea.
05-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I always miss the juicy bits, so I obviously have no idea.

05-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #8
Veteran Member

No idea I think it matters more on price and the item being what someones wants. My last add I posted at 09:00 pm Mountain time on a Sunday and I was answering Emails until almost midnight ......I would guess the bulk of the US marked is Central Time Zone , as it is approaching warmer weather now in North America I would also guess after 08:00 pm Central Time Zone. Then again these is pure conjecture on my part. If you have a desitreable item (and desirable just means someone wants it) at a reasonable price , it will sell has been my experience.
05-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the Input, I have decided to make it a 3 day, so you can get one day of the weekday, and the full weekend. Figure Fri-Sat-Sun would be a good time. If anyone is interested, that should be enough time for them to make their mind up.

I will put it on the ad, in the ad that I have up a day or so in advance, and try to put it in the topic header for all to see, not sure if it will let you change the topic or not.
05-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #10
Veteran Member

My opinion is that if the bidder is clever enough, they can overcome any time zone difference problem quite easily. For example yesterday there was an auction on a lens, which was ending at 5 A.M. my time. I placed a snipe on bidnip.com (they didn't request me money for it, so at least I can make them some publicity) and went to bed. This morning, I was pleasantly surprised that I had won the auction

Last edited by vladimiroltean; 05-07-2012 at 04:45 PM.
05-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #11
Inactive Account

Original Poster
It will be sold on here

Well, not going any auction route, (not going to happen) I am selling it on here, and on Friday morning 00:00 EST I will put the new price, first that comes up with payment will get it. I have given up on FleaBay, they are to money hungry, and I have sold and bought many things on there, but the only thing I have done in the past year or so is buy things. To many other sources out there to sell things on.
And a lens like this should go to the people on here, as I figure they will get more enjoyment out of it.

QuoteOriginally posted by kcobain1992 Quote
My opinion is that if the bidder is clever enough, they can overcome any time zone difference problem quite easily. For example yesterday there was an auction on a lens, which was ending at 5 A.M. my time. I placed a snipe on bidnip.com (they didn't request me money for it, so at least I can make them some publicity) and went to bed. This morning, I was pleasantly surprised that I won the auction
05-07-2012, 04:45 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Sorry about the offtopic answer then
05-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #13
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think you are over thinking the problem. Just post it when you are ready, and it will sell if it is a good item at a good price, and if not, you can bump up the listing every couple of days or so. I certainly have seen many good items listed and sold before I get to the listings and as I use that link as my entry point to the forum, I'm seeing it many times a day.
05-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #14
Inactive Account

Original Poster
It is listed, and have not seen much action on it, (which is unusual from when I have sold things on here years ago) So thought I would give them more of a reason to want to buy it, If you make anything a great deal, seems most anyone would jump on it.

QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
I think you are over thinking the problem. Just post it when you are ready, and it will sell if it is a good item at a good price, and if not, you can bump up the listing every couple of days or so. I certainly have seen many good items listed and sold before I get to the listings and as I use that link as my entry point to the forum, I'm seeing it many times a day.
05-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #15
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just took a look. Cost more than my K5 which puts it out of my price range.
Then again, anything over 100 bucks is out of my price range these days

It is a bigger ticket item, and from what I have seen these do attract a lot of attention but not a lot of buyers.