Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi:

Thank you for your relpy. I know I likely will use a wide angle at narrow apertures, but I also bought the lens so i cold do some limited modeling work with some distortion of perspective, and ocassionally indoors at around f5.6 to f8. That is why I am disappointed with the 15mm Lim. At f11 it is fairly sharp, but to be so mushy at the wider apertures is well........disappointing.

05-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Looks to me that while you might have aimed at the mulch bags, the cmaera seems to have found something in the background more interesting (brighter, higher contrast) and thus lgitimately chose to focus there instead. The soft looking crops are pretty clearly *not* showing the mulch bags to be particularly close to the actual focus zone. This is a pretty common when shooting wide angle - subjects naturally look smaller in the viewfinder and thus ail to fully cover the range of the focus sensor, making it harder to convince the camera to focus on the object you intend.

Last edited by Marc Sabatella; 05-15-2012 at 01:54 PM.
05-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Marc:

Thank you for the reply. I will be doing some more shooting this weekend--real world shooting, and will try the Pentax one more time.

Thanks so much again.