Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2012, 03:56 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Variation in White Balance Temperature with Pentax lens Aperture

I have been recently testing many of the lenses that I own and have noticed that some of the Auto Pentax Lenses such as the DA 18-55mm or DA 55-300mm or FA 50mm f`1.4 have variations in the color balance as the aperture is closed . I don't know how it can happen but it has been consistent. The manual prime pentax lenses that I have don't display such behavior.

I have two Tamron lenses 28-75mm f2.8 and 17-50mm f2.8 that also have a different white balance overall (warmer colors), however, it doesn't change with changing the aperture.

Can someone please explain how this is so and if it is normal.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aperture, balance, da, f2.8, k-mount, lenses, pentax, pentax lens, slr lens