Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2012, 07:34 AM   #1

Lens Hood A 28-80

Hi, I have a Takumar A 28-80 of which I'm am using a metal lens hood (designed for 1:4 200) which is fine until I use the 28mm end of the zoom. This of course causes vignetting, does anyone have a picture or known how deep the original hood is? Thanks in advance.

Dave

05-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dave,
According to the review section here, there was no dedicated hood for this lens. I have the same hood I believe and it is about 50mm deep with 58mm threads. I have a better assortment of 49mm threaded hoods and based on my experience with those I would think something in the range of 35 - 40mm deep would work, but that is just a guess. AFAIK though the only Pentax round hood made in 58mm is the one you have so if you want a shorter one you will need to go with a replacement one. Check the auction site should find something there not too expensive.
Best,
John
05-21-2012, 05:46 AM   #3

Original Poster
John,
Thanks so much for the info, don't know how many lens reviews I have read and never noticed the hood information. Looks like I will make up a cardboard test hood and then customize the one I have.

thanks ever so much Dave