Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2012, 04:59 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Vivitar 50mm f1.7 won't focus to infinity

I've had a manual Vivitar 50mm for a while now, and while shooting the other day i noticed I can't focus to infinity. I've tried on three different bodies with the same results. How do i go about adjusting the stops so I can focus correctly? Thanks.

Charles.

05-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Every lens is different, but many allow adjustment of the infinity focus stop via set screws. These are usually on the focus ring and often under the rubber grip. Take care if lifting the grip, they tear easily.

Steve
05-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
On this lens the screws were on the inside. I had to remove the ring around the front element, then four screws to remove the bezel, then there were three screws I loosened, but didn't remove. I rotated it ever so slightly, tested a bajillion times, then finally screwed it all back together. Works now! I figured... it's a $15 lens, what does it matter if I take it apart and break it?

Charles.