Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #1

DA* 16-50 - not sure yet

Just bought da* 16-50 and I dont know what to think. It seems I get some great photos but not as many as I'd like. Many pics seem very soft, almost like the focus isn't quite right. Any feedback would be great. Is it me?

05-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Check if the problem is FF or BF; sometimes, it may require some AF fine adjustment. Also, get use to take the shots with the "hand" showing up first before tripping the shutter when SR is on. Your percentage of accuracy will go higher. If the camera mis-focuses somewhere, then don't use "auto focus point select".
05-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Using a selected AF point rather than centre gets me a ton more shots that are great from mine. And fixing the distortion and CA in LR really helps this lens shine.
05-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Check if the problem is FF or BF; sometimes, it may require some AF fine adjustment.
Here's the article if you need some assistance ---> Fixing Front and Back Focus - Introduction - PentaxForums.com

05-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks to all! I'll make some adjustments and check the results.
05-23-2012, 07:33 AM   #6

If it is possible, please post up some sample images taken by your brand new gear. I would really appreciate that since I am also interested in this lens too. Thank you!
05-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #7
Pentaxian

There's a bunch that I've taken with it, the last two are wide open in poor light. VERY poor light in the case of the second one. It's not as sharp as the 50-135, but it's contrasty wide open and still more than sharp enough.