Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #16
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 550
I have tried a M42 Dejur 2x and a K mount Vivitar 2x Non Macro focusing version and both are subpar. the Vivitar could be considered usuable but I could definitely see image quality loss. So avoid those if you can

05-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #17
Pentaxian
Lowell Goudge's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 15,400
some time soon, when I have a spare day or two (HA HA HA) I really should do a teleconverter shoot out.

I have the absolutely perfect candidate lens for the job, since it is compatible with all my teleconverters.

It is specifically the Takumar 200mm F3.5 preset.

the reason it is the perfect candidate is that as long as i am somewhat closer than infinity focus, it has sufficient clearance for even my Sigma APO teleconverters with the protruding front element.

Here is the provisional line up

Soligor auto teleconverter 2X
Tamron Multi-Coated auto teleconverter 2X P-CS
Vivitar MC-22 2X
Vivitar MC-22 3X
Takumar A 2x
Vivitar Macro focusing 2x
SMC-F 1.7x Autofocusing Converter
Sigma APO 1.4x EX teleconverter
SIGMA APO 2x EX DG teleconverter

Is this enough of a sample or should I look for more
05-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #18
L&D
Forum Member




Join Date: May 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 52
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Is this enough of a sample or should I look for more
You've got even more to look for?

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
some time soon, when I have a spare day or two (HA HA HA) I really should do a teleconverter shoot out.
I, for one, would love to see the results.
05-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #19
Veteran Member
RioRico's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Limbo, California
Posts: 11,264
Ooh, I forgot the macro TCs. But they aren't M42. Are we going to include PKs in the testing? How about other mounts, on adapters? This could get hairy. Let's see, the tele-boosting glass I now have includes:

* front mount: Panagor Varioprox 1-10x; Sony & Ambico & no-name 1.5x; Kowa 1.75x
* PK TC: Panagor Auto Macro 1-10x; Albinar 2x (x2); Cambron 2x
* M42 TC: Hama and Helios and Vivitar Matched Adapter 2x; Sears 3x

Good thing I've dumped my Cosina (PK-M) and CPC (M/MD) and Kalcor (M42) and KFT (K/AR) and Kiron (N/AI) and Mepro (M42) and Sears 2x (M/MD) and another Sears 3x (M42) (it sold for US$25!!) and Spiratone 3x (M42) and Tamron 2x (Alpha) and various Vivitar 2x and 3x (K/AR, N/AI x2, M42 x3), eh? Else I'd be overwhelmed with testing. If I was so inclined. Which I ain't. Let's see, I'll be back at the dentist's in a couple hours for more crown work. That's preferable to testing all these. More painkillers, please.

05-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #20
Pentaxian
Lowell Goudge's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 15,400
Rio

i thought it would be "fun" to look not only at M42 and cheap K mounts but also better regarded K mount TCs as well.

Since I have all of these, and a lens they can all work on, i thought I would list them all.

I forgot one, the tamron adaptall 2x that came with my 200-500/5.6, and say, thats anther possible test lens candidate, as I have M42 and K mounts for it, as well as a nikon (so i could add my 1,25x nikon optically corrected K mount) and it will work with the sigma TCs with either mount as well
05-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,551
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Rio

i thought it would be "fun" to look not only at M42 and cheap K mounts but also better regarded K mount TCs as well.

Since I have all of these, and a lens they can all work on, i thought I would list them all.

I forgot one, the tamron adaptall 2x that came with my 200-500/5.6, and say, thats anther possible test lens candidate, as I have M42 and K mounts for it, as well as a nikon (so i could add my 1,25x nikon optically corrected K mount) and it will work with the sigma TCs with either mount as well
Bonsoir Lowell (and Rico),

I'd love to see the results of your comparative tests on the TC's ... Maybe worth an article or at least a sticky somewhere.

Merci d'avance, John
05-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #22
Veteran Member
RioRico's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Limbo, California
Posts: 11,264
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
I'd love to see the results of your comparative tests on the TC's ...
Yeah, sure.
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
I'd be overwhelmed with testing. If I was so inclined. Which I ain't. Let's see, I'll be back at the dentist's in a couple hours for more crown work. That's preferable to testing all these. More painkillers, please.
05-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,551
"mdr" = lol

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Yeah, sure.
Bonsoir Rico,

Mort de rire ...

A+, John

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, m42, pentax lens, slr lens, teleconverters
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
teleconverters ACHEBONE Ask B&H Photo! 10 10-30-2010 05:46 AM
For Sale - Sold: Super Takumar 35mm f3.5 + M42 Teleconverters JP_Seattle Sold Items 3 02-03-2010 07:00 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:59 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top