Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2008, 01:17 PM   #91
Forum Member

Thanks Chrisn; it was "tongue in cheek." An attempt at humour. I'm very pleased with my lot. I was, though, very pleased to see that excellent shot. Thanks again. Wendy should enjoy her lens.

01-28-2008, 09:04 PM   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
If I am not mistaken and of course I will be criticized again as usual. I was referring to the lens with the outside sloping bevel in my original post,

Pentax Lens Review Database - 50mm F1.2

I am and have been fully aware of the lens you are showing in your post. Eat your heart out I have and own two of them.

Plus you are more than welcome to stop by and view my collection as long as my husband is present.
Wow! You got a second already? Please tell us you paid more than $65 this time around or we'll all go green with envy!
01-28-2008, 09:48 PM   #93
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by betsypdx Quote
Wow! You got a second already? Please tell us you paid more than $65 this time around or we'll all go green with envy!
Arrgh,

Pentax Lens Review Database - 50mm F1.2

This is the lens I bought at the estate sale (above).

The original Pentax camera my father bought me when I was a teenager had this 50mm lens with it.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/78...tax-1-copy.jpg

I also have one other of that particular lens above that I found several years ago at a flea market for around 20 dollars If I remember correctly.

You all are making my head spin going through my 50mm lenses to make sure I am posting correctly with the right information.

When I find the time it looks like I will have to go through the entire collection and individually photograph each lens and then post them for comment.

In the mean time my husband is glaring at me with "wild" eyes telling me to sell the G@ D'mmd duplicates and keep only one copy of each lens.

Last edited by WendyB; 01-28-2008 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Husbands comments on the subject
01-29-2008, 12:15 AM   #94
Veteran Member

When I find the time it looks like I will have to go through the entire collection and individually photograph each lens and then post them for comment.
Well, that would be an impressive post. But don't you have your favourites on display somewhere, like in a case or on shelves? That alone should be a photo worth seeing; I know I'd like to. With a very brief list of what we're looking at, I suppose, to avoid a deluge of questions.

01-29-2008, 12:51 AM   #95
Veteran Member

Arrgh,

In the mean time my husband is glaring at me with "wild" eyes telling me to sell the G@ D'mmd duplicates and keep only one copy of each lens.
Mind if you sell me a copy of A 50/1.2?
01-29-2008, 01:29 PM   #96
Inactive Account

Wendy,

And congratulations to you on a great find! I sold my f/1.2 Pentax A last year for $475 so you made one heck of a deal on yours!

Don
01-29-2008, 02:04 PM   #97
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Arrgh,

I'll gladly take any you don't want

01-29-2008, 10:05 PM   #98
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
I'll gladly take any you don't want
I will be on my way to the PMA in the morning and will return on the 3rd of February.

After my return I will photograph and catalog the entire collection. It was suggested by a very knowledgeable and respected member of this forum who recently visited my home that I do so.

Last edited by WendyB; 01-29-2008 at 10:10 PM.
01-29-2008, 10:24 PM   #99
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Mind if you sell me a copy of A 50/1.2?
I normally list any items I intend to sell on eBay and do not want to be a part of this forum to sell nor solicit to other forum members.

My intention of being a member of this forum is to share my Pentax experience to the best of my knowledge and learn what I do not know.
01-29-2008, 10:28 PM   #100
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I will be on my way to the PMA in the morning and will return on the 3rd of February.

After my return I will photograph and catalog the entire collection. It was suggested by a very knowledgeable and respected member of this forum who recently visited my home that I do so.

Oh, this isn't going to be good for the old LBA...

01-29-2008, 10:56 PM   #101
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Oh, this isn't going to be good for the old LBA...

Are you calling me old?

Logging off have an early flight to catch.