Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
I will aslo look for a hood, as mine came without one but has the bayonet tabs to take a 1/4 turn hood.
I'd suggest a screw-in type hood -- there's no real advantage to using a tulip/bayonet hood for the applications this lens is most useful. You can "adjust" it with gutless filter rings too.

06-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Lovely lens the 90/2.5.
I find the metal takumar 135mm hood is a suitable addition.
Pete
06-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
whent back to where I bought the lens, and in a scrap bin, they had a straight hood about 60mm deep. The bayonet would fit but not lock into place, Bought it for $1 and at home with a soldering iron, put a bump in three flats that would ride under the bayonet tab, This added enough friction that it no longer just turns off.
06-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
whent back to where I bought the lens, and in a scrap bin, they had a straight hood about 60mm deep. The bayonet would fit but not lock into place, Bought it for $1 and at home with a soldering iron, put a bump in three flats that would ride under the bayonet tab, This added enough friction that it no longer just turns off.
There is a fitting hood #23FH as well as a dedicated extension tube and the 01F TC. I found all three on eBay over time for next to nothing. The dedicated Extension Tube makes this lens 1:1.

52B Full Specifications

06-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
There is a fitting hood #23FH as well as a dedicated extension tube and the 01F TC. I found all three on eBay over time for next to nothing. The dedicated Extension Tube makes this lens 1:1.

52B Full Specifications
thanks

Don't need a teleconverter, as I have the 01F already. (and 6 or 7 others) It comes as an accessory with many lenses, in my case with my 200-500/5.6. and unless you intend to always shoot the lens at 180 mm (i.e. with the TC) then it is a PITA because you need to remove the mount, and if you are using the KA adapter, the TC does not allow for correct reporting of aperture, and therefore metering and P-TTL flash are off when used on most cameras. I prefer to use my SMC-F 1.7X AF converter and a KA mount if I want a TC on my tamron lenses, because the pentax converter does correct for aperture so metering and P-TTL flash are correct, and i get a fine AF adjustment,

Extension tubes, don't need 'em. I have a full set of M42 plus a 15-30mm M42 focusing helix, and a set of K mount that will get me past 1:1