Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #1

What kind of lens mount is this?

Is there anybody know what kind of lens mount this? I'm trying to get a lens adapter to M4/3 but I have no idea. There is a letter "MA" on it. Help!

Attached Images

06-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That will make a nice 56mm equivalent on a M4/3 body. Just right for street photography. Channel your inner Carteir-Bresson!

The "MA" would lead me to believe it's a Minolta mount, but I'm not seeing any bayonet indentations. I originally posted (and then edited the message) that I guessed it would be a typical M42, but the silver mounting area looks too broad and I can't even see if there are any threads.

The silver portion at the rear of the lens almost looks as if it were added to the overall construction of the peace. Is it some kind of add-on or adapter?

Last edited by LowVoltage; 06-06-2012 at 05:57 PM. Reason: changed mind
06-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Exacta ?
06-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Probably standard M42 but it could also be T-mount which is M42 x .75 rather than the standard M42 x 1. Just be careful threading it on, if it goes smoothly then you are OK if not do not force it as you will mess up the threads. The fact that the mount area is silver makes me wonder, it looks like different manufacturing than the lens. Also I do not see a auto/manual switch. Which could mean the lens just doesn't have one, or that it is not in view, or that the lens is T-mount not M42.

At any rate what you need is M42 to m4/3 and see if that works. Most likely that is what it is just be careful threading it the first time to be sure.

06-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi
The lens is a T2 mount, looks like it could be a M39. Anyways does not matter.
The whole silver assy will come off, don't loosen the screws just twist it off. Then get a T2 mount to m4/3 adapter.
Or if you already have a whatever to M4/3 get a T2 to that mount. They are not hard to find a the T2 mount is used
for telescopes and microscope adapters.
06-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #6

Original Poster
Wow! You guys are AMAZING! That was quick! I really appreciate your kindness! I twisted the silver part and it came off! I didn't know that. Seems like a T2 mount which was what you guys had said. Thanks again!