Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2012, 06:45 AM - 1 Like   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
Good to see so many folks on here doing their job since there is no difference at all between the complainers and those who complain about the complainers who complain. Both sides have something to complain about, it appears, though it's tempting to complain that the complainers have nothing to complain about and therefore that the complainers who complain about the complainers who complain also have nothing to complain about. For myself, I am grateful to the complainers for doing all my complaining for me. In fact, it there weren't doing their job I would be tempted to complain myself that the complainers are failing to make a proper job of complaining. It's an important job, too, because if they complainers didn't complain then the complainers who complain that the complainers have nothing to complain about would no longer be able to complain about the complainers who have nothing to complain about and the result could be a gigantic supernova explosion which would leave both parties with a very great deal to complain about except that by that stage there would be no one left to complain and nothing left to complain about and no complainers who could complain or not complain about no complainers with nothing left not to complain about. Have a nice day.

-Heie

06-09-2012, 07:12 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
Lol. Is that a complaint I'm hearing? Or perhaps a "sighting shot" for a full-on complaint about folks who complain about folks who complain about complainers ...
06-09-2012, 07:15 AM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
Good to see so many folks on here doing their job since there is no difference at all between the complainers and those who complain about the complainers who complain.
ANd now you're the one complaining about the ones who complain about the complainers. Too funny. SO I guess the complainers are complainer to the first power, those complaining about them are complainers to the second power, and you have the honor of being our first complainer to the third power. Congratulations.

Now I'm complaining about you complaining about complaining about those who complain, that , makes me a complainer to the 4th power. If anyone complains about this post, oh well you get the idea. But so what?

QuoteQuote:
For myself, I am grateful to the complainers for doing all my complaining for me
So at heart you're a die hard complainer, is that what you're saying? See my first post.

This thread was not so much about complaining about Pentax as it was about pimping Canon. Every now and then we get some clown on here, who just comes in and tees off on the brand. He's talking about systems he hasn't seen, he's talking about a lens who's quality and capability he knows nothing about, he trashes Pentax for not keeping up. Keeping up with what? Rumours? Speculation?

Some people just set themselves up to be picked apart, sorry if I can't resist taking a run at them every now and then.
06-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
All recent posts
-Heie
I like your sig tag.

see below

06-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We need to discern the difference between a complaint and a criticism. Those who offer valid comparisons and contrasts, reasoned arguments and make suggestions to improve (whatever) lack or condition are critics. Those who throw rhetoric bombs then duck are complainers.

Those who hang out in the picture threads . . . well maybe some of us (me too) should do more of that and less of this.
06-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Deja Vu...or double post?
06-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #52
Pentaxian

We also need to discern the difference between a real complaint and those caught up in the hype Canon and Nikon press releases. Complaints about Pentax pricing may be valid, but most of us are just waiting them out. I doubt they've drawn a line in the sand and said "if we don't get these prices we'll fold the company". Hopefully once they realize they aren't selling anything they'll back down. For myself, it's simple, the higher the prices mean I'll have to slow down the rate I purchase new lenses and force me to re-evaluate which ones I want, if and when those prices come to Canada. The fact that Pentax may want more money for their lenses, doesn't mean I or anyone else has more money to spend on them. I'm sure all the people who have put off lens purchases is speaking to Pentax much louder than the opinionated voices on the forum

IN the meantime, Pentax is coming out with their line of cheaper lenses. I love my DA 35 2.4. I can see a guy getting a K-5 which is under $1000, the kit lens 18-55 a 70-200 2.8 and a 35 and the new 50, and having a very nice set up for about the same as I paid for my *ist with a Sigma 70-300. That's the kit lens and 3 high IQ lenses. all 2.8 or under. I got my *ist and two barely acceptable lenses. Over the last 8 years the dollar is worth less, and you can get more for your un-adjusted dollar. A lot more. I would have killed to get that list with my first $2400. Time often provides a perspective the impulse of the moment doesn't.

06-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #53
Veteran Member

This has become almost infinitely recursive. Beware, a singularity may result, and then we're ALL in deep doo-doo. The only escape: switch over to Holga lenses.
06-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #54
Pentaxian

Rio--- are you channelling your inner Spock?
06-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #55
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I hope not. I'd hate to see him singing about Bilbo.
06-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #56
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
Very strange because the lens design is preciesly the same, the only thing that's different is that the XS has SP coating i believe.
Double checked - this comparison is copied directly from SLRGear.com (see below in red). I was set on the new XS largely because I'm very happy with the 35 F2.4 lens I bought last year and I don't own a pancake lens but it sounds like I'd be better served with the limited version - thankfully the prices just dropped on that one to something much more reasonable. The XS's diminutive size is very compelling though and I think it looks great on a K5...

Pentax 40mm ƒ/2.8 Limited SMC P-DA ~$500
At double the price and double the width, does it offer double the quality? The Limited SMC P-DA does offer significantly more sharpness than the XS model as well as convincingly better performance regarding chromatic aberration. Distortion and corner shading results are the same, and there are a few more frills such as a distance scale.

06-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #57
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fikkser Quote
I agree 100%. Prices has gone insane in pentax land. Pentax makes plastic lenses based on old ones in questionable quality without sdm...
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Man, but imagine a Pentax 40mm Pancake with SDM, 9 rounded blades, for $300. It would be awesome, but I think the FF dream is more likely to come true than this..
I don't get it. You guys talk about Pentax lenses without SDM like it's a bad thing. I imagine the 40mm works because it's screw-driven. If it was SDM many people wouldn't even be interested, including me.

Fikkser, so it's bad that Pentax is just making plastic lenses based on old ones (questionable statement here ), but according to you, it's great that Canon is making a plastic lens based on an old Pentax design?
06-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #58
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
I hope not. I'd hate to see him singing about Bilbo.
Or during mating season.
06-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jay_akita Quote
Double checked - this comparison is copied directly from SLRGear.com (see below in red). I was set on the new XS largely because I'm very happy with the 35 F2.4 lens I bought last year and I don't own a pancake lens but it sounds like I'd be better served with the limited version - thankfully the prices just dropped on that one to something much more reasonable. The XS's diminutive size is very compelling though and I think it looks great on a K5...

Pentax 40mm ƒ/2.8 Limited SMC P-DA ~$500
At double the price and double the width, does it offer double the quality? The Limited SMC P-DA does offer significantly more sharpness than the XS model as well as convincingly better performance regarding chromatic aberration. Distortion and corner shading results are the same, and there are a few more frills such as a distance scale.

DxO reached the exact opposite conclusion rating the XS 1 point higher than the Ltd.
06-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #60
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
That would be... illogical.