Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #31
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You'll have to take photos WITH the lens, not OF the lens... :-)
Enjoy! World Pentax Day is probably a good day to test out the lens

06-23-2012, 03:14 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Took the words right out of my mouth
Pete

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Where did you read about Sigma QC issues?

Like you I have never had any issues with my Sigma lenses. And when I read about lens QC issues they are Pentax-related as in bad 55/1.4 copies (DPreview tried three and none was good, forum member robgo tried five and none was good), SDM failures, 16-50 decentering issues, etc.

Surely Sigma produces some copies that should be returned but where is evidence that this happens any more often than with other manufacturers?

In Germany, Sigma once sold lenses with a six year warranty (not sure whether they still do it). That's quiet a statement of confidence. Compare that to the one year Pentax warranty even for DA* lenses.

P.S.: If you don't want "Sigma" to be automatically equipped with a link, you need to opt out the "Enable Experimental Forum Features" in your forum options panel.
06-23-2012, 03:47 AM   #33
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
Took the words right out of my mouth
Pete
The QC issue was raised in my mind when I read the review from one of the Forum members , I have full confidence in Sigma Lenses , the only question I raised here was if I needed to extend my warranty to 5 years and I have decided not to. I agree if there is anything that is going to go wrong with it will be in the first 12-24 months.

QuoteOriginally posted by iwillau Quote
You'll have to take photos WITH the lens, not OF the lens... :-)
Enjoy! World Pentax Day is probably a good day to test out the lens

There WILL be plenty of time for that I only Just picked it up on Thursday.Busy taking shots for the world Pentax day