Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Big Oops With my Sigma 105 Macro

Well I had a very big oops this morning. I was out trying for the sun rise out the back door with my 105 on the K20D and because I need glasses but can't wear them when I shot I missed a good hand hold on the camera and it slipped from the tripod and hit the tile floor. I was so upset I thought I had smashed the camera. Well the lens didn't fair well. It has partly separated at the aperture ring. I hope that we can get it fixed. It would happen on the weekend when the agents are shut and we are going away next week, so no macro shooting. I was so devastated.

It may be an excuse to upgrade the lens.

06-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Upgrade to what? That's a pretty good one to begin with. Anyway, that sucks...
06-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Such stories make us all wince, as we've either done it or come way too close to doing it. Sorry yours is not a happy ending and hope you find the ideal replacement soon! I really like the compactness of their 50 macro since a larger lens risks being left behind, but most folks prefer the 90-105mm to get more separation from subjects. No bad ones in the bunch though, just more or less suitable for the shooter.
06-09-2012, 01:10 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Upgrade to DFA100WR naturally. Anyway Sigma lenses are not so bad to deserve dying like this...

06-09-2012, 04:32 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Sorry to hear about your bad experience, it hurts. However, I used it for over a year or two and had nothing but great experience to share about Sigma 105mm EX. Brutally sharp with good construction (compared to Tamron 90mm).
07-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #6
Site Supporter

AnnieBell's other half here, we got the 105 back, fixed. Used it a half day, then the aperture locked up, then the focus locked, damn we are not happy. Shipped off to the repair again. Hopefully it is covered by the 90 day warranty on all repairs. Waiting to hear back.