Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2006, 06:51 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sigma Lenses for Pentax

I recently emailed Sigma about the lack of availability, in the US anyway, of their fast (2.8) zoom lenses for Pentax. I inquired specifically about the 70-200f/2.8, 120-300 f2.8 and 50-150 f2.8. Currently only the 70-200 comes in a Pentax mount, but it is difficult to find at the moment. It appears Sigma may hit the market with the 50-150 about when Pentax does with the new DA*. Below is the response I got. I was impressed with the detailed, candid, and thorough response to my email. Enjoy

"Thank you for your inquiry. Due in part to extreme demand for Canon and Nikon mount lenses Sigma has recently given heavy priority to manufacturing Canon and Nikon mount lenses. However, Sigma does continue to support the Pentax system and offers more than 30 lenses for Pentax cameras as well. At this time, we have no firm delivery date for the 70-200mm F2.8 DG Macro lens for Pentax.
Sigma continues to be the company most committed to the Pentax lens system. Regarding the 120-300mm F2.8 lens, it is doubtful, at this time, that this lens will be made for Pentax cameras. The 50-150mm F2.8 lens will probably be made for Pentax, early next year. Please be patient."

12-30-2006, 06:01 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Could be they are retooling the 70-200 to include their HSM focus system.