Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2012, 05:17 AM   #1

Worst LBA attack

Boy, this site should be banned! I purchased my Kx camera last November of 2009 in Hong Kong, and only had the kit lens and later bought a FA 100 3.5 macro since I love taking macro shots on my old Olympus P&S unit. Added a DAL 55-300 in about a year and though I was satisfied. Keep looking at this site and the DA 16-45 was calling me because the kit-lens wasn't wide enough and purchased it in New York last December of 2010. Still keep reading and looking at this forum then had an itch to try out some manual primes. That's when the bug really hit me, I purchased a Ricoh Rikenon 45mm f2.8 pancake lens for $80 and after a week a Ricoh P 50mm f1.7 for $18 and two weeks later a Takumar 150mm f4 for $41 ... all in December 2011. Still kept reading the forum threads and had been enticed by the shots by the "man from down-under" with his 3D looking shots made by the Sigma 30mm f1.4. Bought that lens, as well as a birthday present last February this year. And now...oh boy...last May bid and won a Vivitar 55mm macro and after 5 days...won a bid again on a Cosina 55mm f1.2 (hey, nobody was bidding and it was only $299.99). Two days later, strolling over old downtown Manila, happened to spot a beaten Super-Takumar 35mm f2 but with very good optics. Purchased that as well for $45. So far, my LBA is at bay since my recent two 55mm lenses that I won on Ebay won't be with me till September.

06-11-2012, 05:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
BWAHAHAHA !!

LBA is creeping all the time in this forum !

Big advice : when RicoRio is in the place and start talking about it's light manual prime : FLEE ! Or you'll be catch in a BLBA (BIG LBA).

One day, young padawan, you'll be able to sell the unsed gear... but be patient, Yoda only started few days ago
06-11-2012, 06:06 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Where can you find these prices? They are good prices. If you don't like the lenses, just dump them out on the market place.

Welcome to the forums. It's just the start that feels bad, then it becomes natural one lens a month, or every 14 days, or even weekly....
06-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #4
Veteran Member

You have done well, grasshopper. Now you can start looking for lenses marked Meyer and Helios and Toyo and Jupiter and Komura and... [long hook pulls /me from stage]

06-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Damn, Mannyquinto, you're lost ! The Dark Vador of the lenses is here ... DON'T LISTEN TO HIM !!!

Rofl
06-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

By my count, you are at 11 lenses.

You have a long way to go before you have this condition stated, I am not RioRico, as I only have 51 lenses, but what I would suggest is that you split your lenses into kits, M42, K/KA mount and AF

This will tell you what you need to get next.

Ass I see it you need wider than 35mm in M42 and also K mount.

I also think you need an 85 manual focus. I can suggest a few.

Just remember, we he at the forum are here to help you.............SPEND
06-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #7
Veteran Member

What Lowell said is: just spend your money on lenses, and come back with the same topic in one year

06-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #8

Original Poster
I just got lucky on my purchases I guess...besides only by reading the forums will you be informed about the value of the lens. Other people would look at it at just an old relic and useless with today's modern era electronic cameras. Other informed people particularly those who use micro 4/3 camera knew that it can still be used and know the real value of the lens. I got really lucky on the Cosina 55mm since I entered the bid on the last minute and though others were gonna out-bid me.

Since I know that I still have a long way to go on taming this LBA of mine, I might as well post more pictures on this forum to entice and spread the love for the lenses the way you people enticed me and inflicted me with this contagious disease called LBA.