Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Vivitar VMC 40mm f/2.5 Pancake Lens

I was wondering whether anyone knows anything about this lens I just picked up. It's a vivitar VMC 40mm f/2.5 pancake lens, and although I have seen it listed in camerapedia, I haven't found anyone who has used it, nor have I seen it up for sale anywhere. It is P/K mount.

So what's the deal? Bad lens with a short production? More modern manual focus lens that was abandoned when AF came in?

Would appreciate any help at all!

06-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Huh. It's not even listed in the Camera-Wiki entry on Vivitar although it does make it into the Wikipedia Pentax K-mount entry. I'll take a wild guess that it was made by Cosina. Viv still had high standards in that era -- so why a minimal production run? The Camera-Wiki entry says that Viv was often at the mercy of its Japanese suppliers. So maybe the maker just decided that the market was weak at the time. It looks like a nifty little number. Please let us know how it works for you!
06-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
It looks like a nifty little number. Please let us know how it works for you!
I thought so - it was about $20 on eBay with some fungus but I cleaned it up and it's looking pretty decent. I'm itching to try it out, as soon as my DSLR gear is back from the shop. I'll update with pictures soon. Thanks for your input, would appreciate any other help!
12-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #4

Hi there, can you please upload some pictures taken with this lens. I found very simmilar from Porst and would be awesome to see, how capable are those pieces of glass actually are. Thank you.