Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-16-2012, 01:42 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Silver 49mm filter for a Silver Lens on a Silver K5

G'Day everyone,

Does anyone know where one can purchase a clear/uv 49mm filter that is silver (on the exterior of course - don't want any unwanted reflections do we?)? I just think that a black filter an a beautifully craft Silver Limited lens (FA 77 and DA 40 soon) just takes a little bit away from an otherwise aesthetically perfect bit of kit.

Thanks in advance for your help!

06-16-2012, 01:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

If I'm not mistaken, Marumi makes silver UV filters.
06-16-2012, 03:16 AM   #3
TZH

Photos: Gallery | Albums
B+W makes too.
06-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I got a Marumi MC-UV for a reasonable price on fleabay.
I don't want to make ad for the seller but you can search for "Marumi FA 43"

Really, I looked for a long time.
silver B+W is way overprice. ($70 silver vs $40-50 black)
Marumi makes my color series but not easy to find. (It is the toppest marumi filter, with white, red, pink ring, etc. about $50)

06-17-2012, 01:23 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the information guys, I really appreciate it.

I had been searching high and low for a silver filter both in the mainstream stores like Adorama and B & H but had come up empty. Taking MegaPower's advice, typed the the search words on eBay and viola! Had a few hits. Even used a broader search term 49mm silver and came up with an el cheapo US$7 choice. I figured: I've spent hundreds of dollars on my FA77 Ltd and now the DA 40 Ltd, that the least I could do was ensure Iwas putting high quality glass in front of the highly rated Pentax glass. So I've placed orders for two Marumi 49mm UZ - Haze filters.

Thanks again!

Ramon
06-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rortiz Quote
Thanks for the information guys, I really appreciate it.

I had been searching high and low for a silver filter both in the mainstream stores like Adorama and B & H but had come up empty. Taking MegaPower's advice, typed the the search words on eBay and viola! Had a few hits. Even used a broader search term 49mm silver and came up with an el cheapo US$7 choice. I figured: I've spent hundreds of dollars on my FA77 Ltd and now the DA 40 Ltd, that the least I could do was ensure Iwas putting high quality glass in front of the highly rated Pentax glass. So I've placed orders for two Marumi 49mm UZ - Haze filters.

Thanks again!

Ramon
Yes, I spend a few weeks on ebay to look on fleabay and I hate the cheapo silver "japan" filter.
The Marumi MC-UV is good enough to part with my FA43