Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2010, 01:00 AM   #496

f/1.6

02-15-2011, 11:21 AM   #497

Howdy, a quick question about this lens + K.5:

I've heard that with K-7 and earlier bodies you have to set the focal length of this lens manually (to 55mm). Is it the same with K-5?
02-16-2011, 08:22 AM   #498
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by e-bar Quote
Howdy, a quick question about this lens + K.5:

I've heard that with K-7 and earlier bodies you have to set the focal length of this lens manually (to 55mm). Is it the same with K-5?
Since no one who knows for sure has answered, I will venture a guess that you can probably assume the K-5 handles the VL 58mm the same way the K-7 does.

It is no big deal. When you turn on your camera while you have the VL 58mm on it, the LCD window will automatically display focal length selections you scroll through using one of the e-dials; scroll to 55, push "ok" and you're ready to go. If the VL 58mm is the only lens you use that requires the camera to be set in such a way, the next time you turn on your K-5 with the VL 58mm on it, it will already be at the 55 setting, so all you do is push "ok."

If you change to the VL 58mm after using another lens while the camera is on, you either have to go into the menu to change the setting, or, more simply, turn the camera off and on with the VL 58mm on it so all you have to do is press "ok" to the FL prompt.
02-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #499

Allright, thanks Les. If it's just a single "ok" at every starup it's not that bad :-)

I already have the VL58, I think I bought it over a year ago.. jeez. I'm planning to buy the K-5 a bit closer to summer, when the prices (should) drop a bit.

02-16-2011, 10:57 AM   #500
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by e-bar Quote
Allright, thanks Les. If it's just a single "ok" at every starup it's not that bad :-)

I already have the VL58, I think I bought it over a year ago.. jeez. I'm planning to buy the K-5 a bit closer to summer, when the prices (should) drop a bit.
Good for you, I have 4 Voightlanders, and love them. The 58mm is a fantastic lens, does it all IMO -- speed, bokeh, sharpness after stopped down a little, lovely color rendering, and especially, its ability to capture a bit of three dimensionality. I will be acquiring the VL 180mm at the end of March, can't wait for that!
02-16-2011, 12:53 PM   #501

QuoteOriginally posted by les3547 Quote
Good for you, I have 4 Voightlanders, and love them. The 58mm is a fantastic lens, does it all IMO -- speed, bokeh, sharpness after stopped down a little, lovely color rendering, and especially, its ability to capture a bit of three dimensionality. I will be acquiring the VL 180mm at the end of March, can't wait for that!

Niceeee, I really can identify with you on this. From what I've heard, the 180mm is really great, and doesn't have any real faults. ...I'll post some pics when I get the camera, maybe to this thread then. The time limit for me to buy the K5 is maybe at the beginning of June - my good friend couple is getting married just then, and I want to give them some nice photos.