Life's too short to live with regrets.

I ordered mine today.
Good for you eh!

10-01-2008, 06:43 AM   #197
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Good for you eh!
My wife's gonna kill me if she finds out!
10-01-2008, 08:04 AM   #198
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
My wife's gonna kill me if she finds out!
Ah, but you'll die with a smile on your face, I can promise you that, bwahaha...

I took a little hiatus from the Nokton while breaking in the ZKs, but I've come full circle. I can assure the Nokton faithful, or those on the brink of joining us that this lens has withstood withering competition for my time and interest from some marquee runners-up and found itself right there at the top of the heap with the T*25/2.8, though on bokeh alone the Nokton is king.

More Nokton @ 1.4 from a walk with the missus last Sunday.

10-01-2008, 12:09 PM   #199
Damn Brit

I really like the colours in #1 Kelly, amazing how those highlights seem to come from nowhere.
Is that some PF I see in #2 or just paint on the post? Did you by any chance take any other shots of that b wire? I think a 'straight on' perspective might be interesting.

10-01-2008, 05:30 PM   #200
Inactive Account

Yeah on #2, there is a light band in there. It's some kind of flare I think, cuts at an angle across the shot. I have another shot somewhere that did that too only that time I was using a c-pol and had attributed it to that - incorrectly it seems. This lens is really good resisting PF actually - all the Voigtlanders seem great for that - but it seems its possible to get a line flare occasionally with the Nokton.

THat was the only shot I took of that subject, I was just shooting things we came across as we walked along. I try not to stop long enough for the eye rolls to start, lol.

K.
10-01-2008, 06:20 PM   #201
Veteran Member

Ok Damn Brit, here's your bl@@dy pictures... lol

No pp other than exposure adjustment. Both f1.4
10-01-2008, 07:27 PM   #202
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You guys are killing me with these recent photos for the colors and bokeh! All three of you with your recent photos on this page!!! Love them all!

Regards,
D

10-01-2008, 07:46 PM   #203
Veteran Member

I couldn't help myself. This has been one of the best LBA threads yet.
Tomorrows my birthday but it came early.

Very first shot.

Its going to take a minute to figure the DOF and I sure need a focusing screen or some other aid. BUT I ALREADY LOVE THIS LENS!!

This should take care of the LBA for awhile. After the first of the year its a 70-200 f/2.8.

Last edited by OrenMc; 10-01-2008 at 07:51 PM.
10-01-2008, 11:08 PM   #204
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by lbam Quote
Ok Damn Brit, here's your bl@@dy pictures... lol

No pp other than exposure adjustment. Both f1.4
Excellent, maybe this flurry of purchasing will convince them to reissue the 125 and the 180 maybe even a 35

Nice first shots.
10-01-2008, 11:12 PM   #205
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by OrenMc Quote
I couldn't help myself. This has been one of the best LBA threads yet.
Tomorrows my birthday but it came early.

Very first shot.

Its going to take a minute to figure the DOF and I sure need a focusing screen or some other aid. BUT I ALREADY LOVE THIS LENS!!

This should take care of the LBA for awhile. After the first of the year its a 70-200 f/2.8.
You seem to be focussing fine, you were shooting stopped down a bit weren't you?

Happy Birthday
10-01-2008, 11:16 PM   #206
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by thePiRaTE!! Quote

............... I try not to stop long enough for the eye rolls to start, lol.

K.
I just zone out completely, I've nearly gotten run over before because of it.
10-02-2008, 01:02 AM   #207

Photos: Albums
lots of discussion here (and many great pics thought I was an okay photographer but some of this stuff is just so imaginative and artistic - feel quite humbled

But how come no one is putting views in the Voigtlander lens review section

just a thought . . .
10-02-2008, 01:07 AM   #208
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by LittleSkink Quote
lots of discussion here (and many great pics thought I was an okay photographer but some of this stuff is just so imaginative and artistic - feel quite humbled

But how come no one is putting views in the Voigtlander lens review section

just a thought . . .
It's our little secret. Everyone looks at the lens section, pictures say it much better than reviews.
10-02-2008, 04:49 AM   #209
Veteran Member

First and last were wide open, just getting a feel of the DOF. 2 & 3 were 2.8 and 4.

I was having some issues with my contacts last night too. Its kind of a funny thing. I was all excited to get out and try my new lens and in a hurry, I got a contact stuck in wrong. What a pain. But it was still fun.

Thanks Damn Brit for the Happy Birthday
10-04-2008, 12:54 AM   #210
Damn Brit

In celebration of the rain.

It started raining a couple of hours ago, the first rain in I don't know how long. I decided to take a few shots to celebrate.
This is one that I like. It demonstrates the paint like qualities, the highlights from the rain drops are handled well, and the colour is rich. And just missing that razors edge focus point really shows where the lens excels.
#2 is a crop of the left hand flower cluster and #3 is an even closer crop. Just to show the focus point(s) and how shallow the DOF is.

Oh, set up was a deck floodlight over my head, the rain and..................... wide open of course.

Last edited by Damn Brit; 03-29-2010 at 07:40 PM.