Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2012, 12:20 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
That's right, you have your studio, the business does not. You invested a lot into the studio, didn't you, not just in cost but in hours spent fine tuning the setup etc...

Also consider this, your studio, likely in your house, is owned by you and / or your spouse. You need to be careful, in turning pro, that this is NOT attached as an asset of your business, least of all someone launches a lawsuit and attaches your house to the business.

Even as a weekend warrior, you should consider setting up a limited liability corporation, but you really need to look at separating any assets you already own, from the corporation, or selling them to the corporation, so that you are protected.

You should also consider business liability insurance, etc. once you put all these costs in,. plus your time, you will see what your hourly rate and job rate should be.

Remember it only takes one bad customer to cost you everything.
Clearly, you're from a very different country then I am. That's ok. But here, as long as I pay taxes, don't hurt people and don't rip them, it's all good.

Last edited by Clavius; 06-22-2012 at 12:44 PM.
06-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by civiletti Quote
I suggest the 8-16. It's a lovely lens.
It's tempting, yes... But I very strongly dislike the vignetting which is present at all lengths. And the distortion tops it off for me.