Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Local lens rental options in Cal/Southern Cal?

Are there any? If so, are the prices better than online? I was looking at camerlensrentals.com but their prices with the shipping are more than I want to spend. I'm looking for a wide lens for up to two weeks..

Going to Oregon next month, so I could theoretically rent from any place along the path (I-5 all the way! I wish we could do the coast but finances are not going to make that route viable..) The primary purpose of the trip is a five day kids camp (in Foster OR) that we are taking our five kids to (the camp itself does not cost us). I'll have two weeks off from work so hoping to make it up to the waterfalls, but finances will determine what we can do... No matter what, I expect to be doing a lot of landscapes along with all the kid snaps (and whatever other opportunities present themselves of course!).

I was hoping to buy a lens and body upgrade before this trip, but my house hasn't sold yet, so it's not likely going to happen. It'll be me and the gear you see in my signature ( once again lol).

I'd love to rent the 18-250 at some point since I was really torn between getting that and my FA50 almost four years ago (but the 50 won because it was cheaper...) I don't want to rent it this time though because I'd rather see a significant increase in quality over my kit lens at the wide end.

Things are tight and I don't want to spend more than $50 total for a two week rental (if I can help it...) With my kit lens being the only wide lens I've ever used, I am sure any of the popular Pentax flavors would make me a pretty happy camper..

ALSO, if anyone in Southern Cal happens to read this who might want to rent out a lens and/or a camera body at an affordable cost, I'd gladly discuss that with you.. Anything from a K10D and up would be a welcomed experience..

Last edited by todd; 06-25-2012 at 08:54 PM.
06-26-2012, 03:13 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Maybe here: Rent professional cameras or camera lenses for Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, Leica and Pentax? I don't live in Sothern Cal, so I don't rent from them....
06-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Maybe here:
Thanks for the link. With the $15-$25 courier fee included it is a little bit cheaper than the other site.. Could pick up along the way and do a shorter rental too.. Thanks for increasing my options.. :-)
06-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
+1 for borrowlenses.com. Great customer service and variety of Pentax glass.