Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2008, 07:51 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax SMC Pentax-f 1.7x AF Adapter

Morning All

I have the titled 1.7TC. I remember using it before and while AF was hit and miss I do remember it always recognizing the lens (Focal length). I took it out last night with my Bigma and I am pretty sure once or twice it worked fine. Then after a power off and on it was asking me for Focal Length on power up.

I tried a few lens this morning - ones I know I have had success with before. The Tamrom 28-75 f2.8 all the lens I tried the immediate menu treats it as a manual lens asking for Focal length? I have ensured the lens is on AF , K10D is on AF -S , having tried P, Green , AV mode all makes no difference.

Is there something I am missing ? Is it possible the TC is damaged ? I don't remember droping it at all or abusing it , but anything is possible as it was in my bag I carry around. Is there a menu setting I mucked up ? All Lens attached directly to the K10D are fine.

Anyone got any good news ? I am hoping it is a PEBCAM error

Last edited by daacon; 01-24-2008 at 09:08 AM.
01-24-2008, 07:54 AM   #2

I've always had to input the converted focal length when I've used mine. Could be down to the lenses I've used it with though.
01-24-2008, 08:36 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Perhaps you had shake reduction enabled when powering on? I normally get the focal length prompt when I use the 1.7x AF TC with my FA* 300/2.8 when SR is enabled...

EDIT: I just realized the problem: I can recreate it on my Tamron 28-75/2.8: do you have an aperture ring, and is it set to "A" when you power it on?? If it isn't set to "A", then you'll get the focal length prompt when powering on, and SR is enabled.

Cheers,
Marc
01-24-2008, 08:53 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilm_user Quote
Perhaps you had shake reduction enabled when powering on? I normally get the focal length prompt when I use the 1.7x AF TC with my FA* 300/2.8 when SR is enabled...

EDIT: I just realized the problem: I can recreate it on my Tamron 28-75/2.8: do you have an aperture ring, and is it set to "A" when you power it on?? If it isn't set to "A", then you'll get the focal length prompt when powering on, and SR is enabled.

Cheers,
Marc
You're a Gawd Damn Genius Marc !! - it was a Problem Exists Between Camera And Me It was the SR - with the TC on and SR Off Focal Length is reconized works with SR On wants Focal Length - as I guess I only used with a tripod and had SR off Whereas last night I must have forgot to turn SR off - I feel better now Thanks for the advice Marc - as tack sharp as your photos

Last edited by daacon; 01-24-2008 at 09:03 AM.
01-24-2008, 10:33 AM   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
You're a Gawd Damn Genius Marc !! - it was a Problem Exists Between Camera And Me It was the SR - with the TC on and SR Off Focal Length is reconized works with SR On wants Focal Length - as I guess I only used with a tripod and had SR off Whereas last night I must have forgot to turn SR off - I feel better now Thanks for the advice Marc - as tack sharp as your photos
LOL... my pleasure to help Dave! Thanks for the props about my work too...