Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2008, 09:48 AM   #1

Where to get the 43mm?

I am in the process of making the switch from minolta to pentax. I am not selling all my minolta lenses yet though - there is always hope for a cheap full frame camera from sony!

I just ordered the K10D yesterday from beachcamera. What a day to get it - it was obsolete within an hour after I ordered it But there is no way I can afford the K20D anytime soon, so no problems there.

I am trying to get the 43mm/1.9 ltd lens before the rebate expires next week. I saw it at beach camera a couple of weeks ago for $449-$100(rebate), and at adorama for $459-$100. But it is out of stock at both places. So my questions are:

- how is digital foto club? They seem to have fairly decent resellerratings. They have the lens for $457-$100, but I am afraid they might send a gray market version. Anyone have experience with them? The other option is getting it from B&H, but that means an extra $20 (which is quite a bit for a grad student).

- same question for Abe's of Maine. They have it for $458-$100. Any experience with them?

- does anyone know if Pentax would have another rebate after this one expires? I am willing to wait a few weeks for adorama/beach to have the lens in stock if I can get the rebate then.

thanks all!

01-24-2008, 10:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
DigitalPhoto Club

I have made one purchase from them in the $1000 range (lenses) and everything went as expected. No problems at all..............
01-24-2008, 10:52 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Oh, it's hardly obsolete -- it's still as great a camera as it was last week, don't forget. I'm thinking of picking one up, especially if they start showing up on the marketplace here.
01-24-2008, 11:05 AM   #4
Inactive Account

I don't know about that Finn....I walked into my office this morning and my K10D lay on the floor in pieces. It must have spontaneously combusted overnight now that the K20D is out....oh well

01-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #5
Veteran Member

When there are no more aK10D's on the face of the earth, then they become obsolete.

Since there are many out there doing a fine job of taking photos, ..........................

Dave(I hate that term) Brooks
01-24-2008, 11:17 AM   #6

Original Poster
Finn,

I agree. I placed the order for the K10D almost immediately after I read about the K20D. I would have considered spending extra if the K20D/K200D had better AF. Sure, it has better image quality and high ISO performance, but I think I'll be more than happy with the K10D in that regard.

My biggest problem right now is that I am getting the camera in the mail tomorrow, and I dont have a lens to go with it My plan was to get the 43/1.9, but it looks like the camera would be sitting idle in a corner all weekend I do have a takumar 50/1.4, but no adapter. Should have planned it better... oh well.

ankit
01-24-2008, 06:42 PM   #7
Veteran Member

B&H has it! It's a little more expensive than Beach, plus no free shipping, but at least you can get it.
Pentax | SMCP-FA 43mm f/1.9 Limited Autofocus Lens - | 20180

If you want to get a Pentax brand screwmount adapter, Porter's has them:
Pentax Mount Adapter B: Porter's Camera Store: digital cameras, film camera and photography accessories
I've never ordered from Porter's, but I probably will tomorrow, as I'm wanting one of these also + tomorrow is payday for me.

HTH,
Heather