Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2012, 07:46 AM   #1

p/k-r to k mount adapter HELP!

Bought a Teflon macro lens on eBay, maybe a mistake but wondering if there an adapter to get this lens to fit my Pentax SLR K-mount camera? If there isn't can modification be done to make it work?

Sure could use some help, seems like a nice lens.

Thanks so much!

07-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If it's a k-r (ricoh version) then look for threads about the ricoh pin. If it's got it, don't mount the lens as it may get stuck. Otherwise, it'll work w/o modification, I think.
07-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #3

The ricoh NUB is ok, I have a couple with the nub and never had a problem. I've yet to see the actual pin, maybe I'll start looking for P/K R lenses now in my LBA hunt so I can find one
07-05-2012, 08:28 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've never heard of that brand of lens. Can you post a picture of the mount, or a link to the ebay ad?
QuoteOriginally posted by huntlg Quote
Bought a Teflon macro lens on eBay, maybe a mistake

07-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pezmaker Quote
The ricoh NUB is ok, I have a couple with the nub and never had a problem. I've yet to see the actual pin, maybe I'll start looking for P/K R lenses now in my LBA hunt so I can find one
One day it'll happen and you'll be upset about scratching up your lens mount getting it off with a razor some some such thing that does not belong near your camera! Take the pin out, it ain't worth the hassle.
07-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
Take the pin out, it ain't worth the hassle.
It's not the pin, it's the inoffensive nearly flush round ball of a "nub." Definitely a difference between the pin, and the nub. The nub is really no different than the other contact pins. To be fare though, I promise to give you props if I encounter an "I told you so" moment.

---- edit ----

To return to specific topic at hand, the P/KR mount IS the pentax bayonet, but with an extra pin that ricoh cameras used to transmit the aperture info. So other than being wary of that pin getting stuck (so removing it if it's the more dangerous of the pins OR if you're extra cautious), the P/KR mount is completely pentax mountable without an adapter.
07-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yes the Ricoh pins i removed here were pointed not rounded.
Fortunately I had read about them before use on the dslr

07-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #8

Original Poster
picture of lens

Sorry, it is TEFNON,see picture , the black mount is much longer around than on other Pentax lenes, that seems to be problem.

Thanks for any help
Attached Images

07-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sorry, it is TEFNON,see picture , the black mount is much longer around than on other Pentax lenes, that seems to be problem.

Thanks for any help

That's just a guard for the aperture lever. There should be a couple of screws holding it on, you can remove it. I've had to remove those on a Kalimar and Vivitar lens.
07-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's a cool looking piece - go with Blue's suggestion above and let us know how it goes.
If this is your first manual lens read the sticky in the Beginners forum. Oh wait you said SLR, so a film cam you must be familiar with manual then.
07-06-2012, 05:38 AM   #11

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks all for your help, now going to find a tiny Phillips screwdriver to remove the ring.

Thanks again.
07-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #12

Thanks all for your help, now going to find a tiny Phillips screwdriver to remove the ring.

Thanks again.
Typical warning: That's likely not phillips head - it's probably JIS. JIS can easily be rounded off with phillips, so be careful if you don't have and aren't going to get a set of JIS screw drivers. Just search the forum for "JIS" and you'll see a number of warnings like this.
07-06-2012, 08:43 AM   #13

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks, would have screwed it up, sure looks like Phillips, but will check fit sure.

Thanks again!
07-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I've got a Tefnon 24mm in Minolta MD and it's the same lens as a Clubman 28 I have in Canon FD fit, and they are both Elsinor lenses, and very good indeed. Maybe your lens could be the same manufacturer ?
07-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #15

Original Poster
Ring off

Got the ring off no problem, but with that lens the aperture value just displays F-- and blinks. I think this is maybe a lost cause unless any ideas.

Thanks for all your help