Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 531
IBuy Digital advertises USA - sells Grey Market!

Another forum member contacted me about the warranty that I have when I purchased my Tamron 18-250 lens from IBuyDigital.com. Their ad says USA warranty, so I ordered it. No problem right?

IbuyDigital.com

Well, guess again! Here is what came in the box when I checked the contents tonight:



Unfortunately, I don't see anything that looks like the official warranty card????

Warranty

My lesson: DO NOT BUY FROM LIARS!

I hope that I never need to use the warranty, because I will be screwed.

01-24-2008, 04:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member
Tom M's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lincoln Park, NJ
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 782
In New York - Maybe it's a subsidiary of B&H? Who knows?

By the way - Google "whois ibuydigital.com"
01-24-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 531
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom M Quote
In New York - Maybe it's a subsidiary of B&H? Who knows?

By the way - Google "whois ibuydigital.com"
Ha ha ha!! I got as good a warranty as something that I could have purchased used on eBay. Well Tamron is a good, reliable brand! So I will probably be ok.... (I hope)
01-24-2008, 05:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member
Fl_Gulfer's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida Gulf
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,033
I bought mine from TRIstate Camera & Video and I just noticed there wasn't a card in mine either. I did get a one year card in my AF70-300mm Di ,,but I just read that one and it said I had to fill it out and mail it to them within 30 days of purchase or I wouldn't have a warranty.
So I guess I don't have a warranty with that lens.

01-24-2008, 05:27 PM   #5
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 269
QuoteOriginally posted by TomInJax Quote
Another forum member contacted me about the warranty that I have when I purchased my Tamron 18-250 lens from IBuyDigital.com. Their ad says USA warranty, so I ordered it. No problem right?

IbuyDigital.com

Well, guess again! Here is what came in the box when I checked the contents tonight:



Unfortunately, I don't see anything that looks like the official warranty card????

Warranty

My lesson: DO NOT BUY FROM LIARS!

I hope that I never need to use the warranty, because I will be screwed.
Sorry to hear this, Tom. Try to stick with online retailers with only consistently high buyer reviews.
01-24-2008, 05:38 PM   #6
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Virginia Beach VA USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,364
Always check resellers ratings first.
Central Digital, DBuys.com, IbuyDigital.com, CameraClub, IbuyPlasma, RealDealShop Customer Ratings, Reviews and Prices at ResellerRatings
1.96/10 rating for the last 6 months.
01-24-2008, 05:45 PM   #7
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 269
QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
I bought mine from TRIstate Camera & Video and I just noticed there wasn't a card in mine either. I did get a one year card in my AF70-300mm Di ,,but I just read that one and it said I had to fill it out and mail it to them within 30 days of purchase or I wouldn't have a warranty.
So I guess I don't have a warranty with that lens.
I had one business transaction with this company. Let's just say I don't trust them any further than I can throw them.
01-25-2008, 07:38 AM   #8
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 531
Original Poster
By the way - anyone interested in buying this lens can call Tamron before you buy to make sure that you are buying from a reseller with a genuine USA warranty:

Gray Market

01-25-2008, 09:21 AM   #9
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 531
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roscot Quote
Yes. I made two mistakes.

1 - I didn't check ResellerRatings!
2 - I mixed up IBuyDigital.com with BuyDig.com

BuyDig.com has a very good reputation. IBuyDigital sells gray market and the reviews on ResellerRatings.com show that.

Oh well. The lens is great though! Ugh!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, pentax lens, slr lens, usa, warranty
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travel She sells corn mischivo Post Your Photos! 1 05-22-2010 08:23 PM
DA16-45 Grey Market? seacapt Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 6 01-18-2009 06:29 AM
Grey Market Lens from B&H, Adorama & Etc. Ed in GA Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 9 01-01-2008 04:44 PM
Grey market cameras and lenses JCSullivan General Talk 4 10-04-2007 09:53 AM
Pentax advertises at Kauffman Stadium (home of Kansas City Royals) Bori Pentax News and Rumors 5 04-08-2007 05:06 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:39 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top