Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nicoprod Quote
Who are you to decide what's good enough for me? I appreciate everybody's help but I can investigate on this as long as I want.
lol

This should all be academic anyway. Why would somebody buy a Pentax 50-135mm f/2.8 for $900 on Amazon, when they can buy the superior Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8 from me for less in the Marketplace???

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographic-equipment-sale/191672-sale-sigma-50-150mm-f-2-8-ii-ex-dc-hsm

Last edited by Edgar_in_Indy; 07-08-2012 at 06:04 PM.
07-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Because of the warranty of course...
07-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Because of the warranty of course...
How very ironic...buying a Pentax lens for the warranty. I would take a used Sigma HSM lens over a new Pentax SDM lens with a one year warranty.
07-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The 7yr Mack warranty sounded pretty good to me. Your sigma is a gem. I know. I thought of it for a while...

07-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #20
Veteran Member

I can vouch for Mack Camera warranties. I bought a used Epson PT-AX100U projector on eBay a while back for $406, and the previous owner had a Mack warranty which I was able to get transferred to my name. When the projector later failed on me, Mack sent me a $1000 check for the price of a new one. (They had also given me the option of having them send me the new model, the PT-AX200U.)The whole process took a few weeks, but other than that it was fairly painless.

When I bought my Sigma 50-150mm new, it came with the Sigma EX 4-year warranty, but I went ahead and bought one of the Mack Camera 7-yr warranties since I'm sure I'll own the lens at least that long.
07-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
This is the official response from Amazon:

Hello from Alex at Amazon,

I'm sorry the warranty information for this product isn't listed on our website. Many of the items listed on our website are covered by a manufacturer's warranty. This information should be listed in the owner's manual for the product.

If you need information about a warranty before placing an order, you can contact the manufacturer, Pentax. You can contact them at (800) 877-0155

If you decide to place an order and you experience any problems, let us know and we'll do whatever we can to help. You can contact us via phone, chat, or e-mail by clicking the "Contact Us" button on any Help page (www.amazon.com/help).

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?
07-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
I can vouch for Mack Camera warranties. I bought a used Epson PT-AX100U projector on eBay a while back for $406, and the previous owner had a Mack warranty which I was able to get transferred to my name. When the projector later failed on me, Mack sent me a $1000 check for the price of a new one. (They had also given me the option of having them send me the new model, the PT-AX200U.)The whole process took a few weeks, but other than that it was fairly painless.

When I bought my Sigma 50-150mm new, it came with the Sigma EX 4-year warranty, but I went ahead and bought one of the Mack Camera 7-yr warranties since I'm sure I'll own the lens at least that long.
Hi! My name is Desiree and I am the Customer Relations Supervisor for Mack Camera. Thank you for taking the the time to write about your positive experience with Mack Camera. We work hard to deliver quality service in an efficient manner. Thank you for choosing Mack Camera as your extended warranty provider.
Thank you,
Desiree

07-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #23

The 7yr Mack warranty sounded pretty good to me. Your sigma is a gem. I know. I thought of it for a while...
Hi! My name is Desiree and I am the Customer Relations Supervisor for Mack Camera. Thank you for your interest in Mack Camera extended warranties. Please let me know if I can answer any specific questions regarding our warranty. I can be reached via email at helpdesk@mackcam.com.
Thank you,
Desiree

Last edited by Desiree; 07-16-2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: deleted signature