Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Case n' lens correct? Auto-Takumar 1:3.5/35

I'm excited about my recent purchase, Auto-Takumar 1:3.5/35. Using my small digital scale the lens weights 135.8 g. (without caps) and is smaller than my other screw mount Takumar lenses.
My question, is the lens cap and brown case original to this lens?
Thank You

Early Pentax Takumar Lenses
Early Pentax Takumar Lenses

07-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That looks just like the case I had for a preset Takumar 135/3.5. I would guess they were both original.
07-14-2012, 07:40 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks
I my poor memory said with older lens the case came with brown leather vs. black.
I placed the lens on a K200 so you can see how small the lens is.

07-14-2012, 11:27 PM   #4
Banned

yes, that is correct for the lens. This lens was available alongside the last of the 'heiland' honeywell pentax cameras. After that they were only 'honeywell'. You can find a heiland lens cap on lenses of that period from time to time, but such is increasingly more rare today, along with heiland branded bodies. The lens could have, depending on what year it was made, and possibly which market it was being sold in, had either the more standard for the time brown leather AoCo case, or a black one with the more typical textured leather like all later cases. But still sporting the standard for the time AoCo logo on the top.<br />
<br />
Enjoy the lens, its a great piece of glass, performs very well and as you already know, is great fun to use due to its size. The auto-takumars are my favourite series. Great lenses.

Last edited by séamuis; 07-14-2012 at 11:36 PM.