Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Perhaps, but I have the same lens and I do not have issues with variable focus as a function of focus distance
I think that Sigma is able to make multiple focus adjustments at different focal lengths by making adjustments in the firmware, but I'm not sure. I was thinking about calling their service department to ask since my 100-300mm f4 was back focusing on my K-x. But now that I've sold my K-x, I'll wait and see how the lens focuses on my new K-30.

07-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes, the lens just came back from cleaning internal dust.
I don't think they caused it, i think it's just a matter of miscalibration between body and lens. It is really a shame.
I haven't payed the lens yet. The seller gave me 2 weeks of testing, and i'm supposed to pay him next month, if i still want to buy it...
I emailed Digital Center (sigma's brazilian repair center), and i'm waiting for an answer.
Also, i did LOTS of tests, and it's certainly front focusing. I went out with it today, to test more, and i was able to use it, but everytime i changed the focal length, i had to go to the menu and reajust the AF fine adjust setting (i made a little list for myself)
It worked, but it's really annoying. If there's no way to easily (or cheapily [is this a word?]) fix it, i'll have to return it ;(