Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
Veteran Member
wanderography's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hayward, California, USA
Posts: 567
anyone ever buy from HKBNS...

Feeling pretty sketched out right now, I purchased a voigtlander 20 from them, got an email today from them asking me to take a picture of my credit card statement so they can verify it's me... Well I payed with a verified paypal account, isnt it againt like some paypal rule to ask some for there credit card statements after they payed...

07-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member
joe.penn's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland (Right Outside Washington DC)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,902
QuoteOriginally posted by bmonki Quote
Feeling pretty sketched out right now, I purchased a voigtlander 20 from them, got an email today from them asking me to take a picture of my credit card statement so they can verify it's me... Well I payed with a verified paypal account, isnt it againt like some paypal rule to ask some for there credit card statements after they payed...
Yep - open a case with paypal on this so they can resolve it quickly for you...
07-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
Not ok. Paypal is there so you DONT have to share that information with the seller. If you are having it sent to the PP Confirmed address there should be no other issues.
07-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member
wanderography's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hayward, California, USA
Posts: 567
Original Poster
ya thats what I thought, something shady is going on, I doubt I'll ever deal with HKBNS ever again... Only people who have that lens in stock though, looking like I wont be an owner of the CV20...

07-17-2012, 11:41 AM   #5
Veteran Member
crewl1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,795
My response would be: I will not send a photo of my statement, as I have paid with a verified Paypal account. If that is not sufficient for you then please refund my payment and cancel the transaction. Thank you.
07-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #6
Veteran Member
wanderography's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hayward, California, USA
Posts: 567
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
My response would be: I will not send a photo of my statement, as I have paid with a verified Paypal account. If that is not sufficient for you then please refund my payment and cancel the transaction. Thank you.
haha... that was my exact response... but it started with a "erm... uuhhh... are you serious right now?"
07-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #7
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
Good luck. As I understand it they have violated the terms of agreement with PP as a merchant and can be dinged for it if you report them.
07-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #8
Veteran Member
wanderography's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hayward, California, USA
Posts: 567
Original Poster
Ya I just reported them to paypal's like fraud department I think. They even said they would call them up for me to make them ship my lens and that I dont have to send them any kind of information since I'm a verified paypal customer.

07-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #9
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by bmonki Quote
Ya I just reported them to paypal's like fraud department I think. They even said they would call them up for me to make them ship my lens and that I dont have to send them any kind of information since I'm a verified paypal customer.
That's great. Keep us informed of how it proceeds. The two times I have had to get PP involved both went surprisingly well. I know what its like to need a part and the only supplier is unsavory to deal with, Good luck.
07-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #10
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seaford, VA
Posts: 38
I bought a total of 2 lenses and had no issues at all.
Payment was via PayPal and there was no request for cc statement copy.
07-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #11
Veteran Member
wanderography's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hayward, California, USA
Posts: 567
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Swissidoodle Quote
I bought a total of 2 lenses and had no issues at all.
Payment was via PayPal and there was no request for cc statement copy.
thats whats sketchin me out, your not the first person who has said this...
07-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #12
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by bmonki Quote
thats whats sketchin me out, your not the first person who has said this...
Most of their sales are <$30-40 from what I can see. Was your item significantly higher?
07-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #13
Veteran Member
wanderography's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hayward, California, USA
Posts: 567
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Most of their sales are <$30-40 from what I can see. Was your item significantly higher?
I bought directly from the website and ya it was higher than $30 - 40, I bought a voigtlander 20mm for 489... They are the only ones on the internet selling it in K mount right now...
07-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #14
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by bmonki Quote
I bought directly from the website and ya it was higher than $30 - 40, I bought a voigtlander 20mm for 489... They are the only ones on the internet selling it in K mount right now...
That probably explains the difference between how they treated you and the reports that you have been receiving. They wanted insurance, sort of, on the sale so they asked for credit card info on top of the PP.
07-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #15
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NE, USA
Posts: 1,302
I bot from them. $600 lens. No BS like that. It was back in March or so. Xlnt service for me.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
card, credit, k-mount, pentax lens, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Want to buy, or Where to Buy - Arsat 30mm Fisheye Warped Pentax Medium Format 19 02-09-2012 11:48 AM
How can I pay when I buy camera or accessory at BUY/SELL page? rlatjsrud Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 4 01-09-2012 09:54 AM
A fisheye lens dilema... buy or not to buy.. kooks Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 15 05-14-2011 10:32 AM
Should I buy this laptop to speed up my workflow or buy a new lens? crossover37 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 26 09-24-2010 09:41 AM
SIGMA 70-200mm f/2.8 II EX DG APO Macro HSM Lens for PENTAX:To buy or not to buy? thelittlecar Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 21 12-31-2009 06:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:12 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top