Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
Veteran Member

anyone ever buy from HKBNS...

Feeling pretty sketched out right now, I purchased a voigtlander 20 from them, got an email today from them asking me to take a picture of my credit card statement so they can verify it's me... Well I payed with a verified paypal account, isnt it againt like some paypal rule to ask some for there credit card statements after they payed...

07-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bmonki Quote
Feeling pretty sketched out right now, I purchased a voigtlander 20 from them, got an email today from them asking me to take a picture of my credit card statement so they can verify it's me... Well I payed with a verified paypal account, isnt it againt like some paypal rule to ask some for there credit card statements after they payed...
Yep - open a case with paypal on this so they can resolve it quickly for you...
07-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Not ok. Paypal is there so you DONT have to share that information with the seller. If you are having it sent to the PP Confirmed address there should be no other issues.
07-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
ya thats what I thought, something shady is going on, I doubt I'll ever deal with HKBNS ever again... Only people who have that lens in stock though, looking like I wont be an owner of the CV20...

07-17-2012, 11:41 AM   #5
Veteran Member

My response would be: I will not send a photo of my statement, as I have paid with a verified Paypal account. If that is not sufficient for you then please refund my payment and cancel the transaction. Thank you.
07-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
My response would be: I will not send a photo of my statement, as I have paid with a verified Paypal account. If that is not sufficient for you then please refund my payment and cancel the transaction. Thank you.
haha... that was my exact response... but it started with a "erm... uuhhh... are you serious right now?"
07-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Good luck. As I understand it they have violated the terms of agreement with PP as a merchant and can be dinged for it if you report them.
07-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ya I just reported them to paypal's like fraud department I think. They even said they would call them up for me to make them ship my lens and that I dont have to send them any kind of information since I'm a verified paypal customer.

07-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Ya I just reported them to paypal's like fraud department I think. They even said they would call them up for me to make them ship my lens and that I dont have to send them any kind of information since I'm a verified paypal customer.
That's great. Keep us informed of how it proceeds. The two times I have had to get PP involved both went surprisingly well. I know what its like to need a part and the only supplier is unsavory to deal with, Good luck.
07-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #10
Site Supporter

I bought a total of 2 lenses and had no issues at all.
Payment was via PayPal and there was no request for cc statement copy.
07-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Swissidoodle Quote
I bought a total of 2 lenses and had no issues at all.
Payment was via PayPal and there was no request for cc statement copy.
thats whats sketchin me out, your not the first person who has said this...
07-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #12
Veteran Member

thats whats sketchin me out, your not the first person who has said this...
Most of their sales are <$30-40 from what I can see. Was your item significantly higher?
07-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Most of their sales are <$30-40 from what I can see. Was your item significantly higher?
I bought directly from the website and ya it was higher than $30 - 40, I bought a voigtlander 20mm for 489... They are the only ones on the internet selling it in K mount right now...
07-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I bought directly from the website and ya it was higher than $30 - 40, I bought a voigtlander 20mm for 489... They are the only ones on the internet selling it in K mount right now...
That probably explains the difference between how they treated you and the reports that you have been receiving. They wanted insurance, sort of, on the sale so they asked for credit card info on top of the PP.
07-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #15
Veteran Member

I bot from them. $600 lens. No BS like that. It was back in March or so. Xlnt service for me.