Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Has Anyone Taken Apart & Reassembled an A-Series Lens?

...more specifically an A 50 f/2 and A 50 f/1.7?
Apparently the guy that I got them from (for free) thought that Pentax was dead and gone and that the lenses were worthless, so he tried disassembling them and converting them to another mount or something... Anyway, he told me that all he did was remove the back silver mount and then put it back, but now the apertures of both lenses are stuck closed and I can't get the aperture rings to turn at all.

Anyone ever worked with lenses like this that could offer me some advice? I know that if I open them up and try to fix them by myself, I'll just make it worse...

Thanks

07-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Don't know how to answer your question but I will be following answers because I am curious.

I bought an A lens (f1.7) for $10... I could have gotten it for $5 but I felt like I was cheating the people....it was my second copy that I might sell at some point...or I could take it apart and see how the thing works

By the way the $10 A 50mm f1.7 functions perfectly and is in really good condition.
07-17-2012, 08:34 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Veteran Member

Yep I have started a little database of this kinda thing over here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/maintenance-repair-articles/179884-pentax...-database.html

Edit: It sounds like you have the same problem as one of the articles I have stumbled upon.
07-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by alamo5000 Quote
Don't know how to answer your question but I will be following answers because I am curious.

I bought an A lens (f1.7) for $10... I could have gotten it for $5 but I felt like I was cheating the people....it was my second copy that I might sell at some point...or I could take it apart and see how the thing works

By the way the $10 A 50mm f1.7 functions perfectly and is in really good condition.
Wow, great deal!

QuoteOriginally posted by Chaos_Realm Quote
Yep I have started a little database of this kinda thing over here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/maintenance-repair-articles/179884-pentax...-database.html

Edit: It sounds like you have the same problem as one of the articles I have stumbled upon.
Awesome, thanks so much, I'll go take a look.

07-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Check the Articles Section right here in PF:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/maintenance-repair-articles/88051-pentax-...ng-repair.html

H2
07-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That's an awesome project, Chaos.

I would have loved to have a service manual, or even just an exploded view of my FA50/1.4 last week. I fought my way through dismantling and fixing my FA50/1.4 with the help of photos on a Japanese forum, but it wasn't pretty and I nearly fubar'd the AF brushes.
07-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
That's an awesome project, Chaos.

I would have loved to have a service manual, or even just an exploded view of my FA50/1.4 last week. I fought my way through dismantling and fixing my FA50/1.4 with the help of photos on a Japanese forum, but it wasn't pretty and I nearly fubar'd the AF brushes.
Cheers,

Unfortunately exploded diagrams and guides are few and far between. So I got so far but It has been quite some time since I have made any new additions to it