Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2012, 06:50 AM   #31

Photos: Gallery
AT this moment while traveling my tamron 18-200 works best for me and i use it so much cos not much need to change lens with this one

07-27-2012, 07:20 AM   #32

Photos: Albums
I have to wonder if my expecations about this would be true. I would expect that the most shots would be from my Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8. After that probably either my Vivitar 85mm f/1.4 or my Tamron 80-200mm Adaptall 2 f/2.8. Then, oddly, my Vivitar 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 (this one could surprise me and take second place just because I've used it a lot in landscape shots).

I am no longer surprised by how good the Tamron 28-75mm can be.

I don't think I was ever really surprised at the Vivitar 85mm f/1.4 because I expected it to be good, and it has been.

The Tamron Adaptall 2 80-200mm still seems odd to me. In low light, it gets great pictures, but I've never had that much success with it in daylight. I figured perhaps I was over-exposing because of how it metered, but even trying to compensate for this still doesn't seem to give results analogous to its low light performance.

The Vivitar 19-35mm is a cheap lens and I didn't expect much. Sometimes I'm surprised by how good a picture I've gotten from it, and at other times I'm surprised by how bad a shot has turned out. I know it tends to be soft wide open, but that still doesn't seem to fully explain the oddities with it either.
07-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mine is the DA 16-45/4. It's way ahead when I look at all the images, since I use it for ordinary around the house documentary stuff, when the kit lens would be just as good. It took a lot of favorite shots too, since I use it for wide angle, panoramas, and walk-around, so it would still be ahead.

Second is probably a Tamron 90mm f2.5 macro.
07-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #34
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
I think in my case, I tend to use my kit in odd ways. I tend to do a lot of long exposure night shots, and the 18-55 seems to excel at dragging out colors in those situations. When I pick up the K-30 come wintertime, I'll probably grab either the 18-135 or a yet-to-be-determined DA* to go with it, so it could wind up being overshadowed, but I have absolutely no complaints about the kit. Its done this for me...

The lightning shot was absolutely gorgeous, great timing and great colors

07-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #35
Veteran Member

DA 35/2.4 for me. Interesting to see how many people mention the FA 35/2. I actually had that as my first choice but since I'm still in the process of buying lenses, I figured I'd save a couple hundred bucks. I really like the 35/2.4 but at some point in the future once I've got my assorted focal length bases covered I'll probably step up to the FA 35/2.