Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Normal Behavior for Takumar-A 2x Converter?

Sorry, I'm not that good with the technical names of lens parts, but the little lever, circled in red is loose... that doesn't seem normal?
What exactly does that lever control and is it supposed to be like that?

The A setting works- when I set an A series lens to A and attach it to the converter, I can control the lens aperture from the camera set in AV and through the converter.

07-27-2012, 05:17 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

With A type extension tubes, yes, the aperture lever is free moving when not mounted. I assume it's the same for TCs. The tension is created by the spring in the lens, and the connecting lever in the camera body. In a TC, the aperture lever is a simple pass-through, so there is no need for it to be spring loaded.
07-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Philoslothical Quote
With A type extension tubes, yes, the aperture lever is free moving when not mounted. I assume it's the same for TCs. The tension is created by the spring in the lens, and the connecting lever in the camera body. In a TC, the aperture lever is a simple pass-through, so there is no need for it to be spring loaded.
Okay, thank you very much. It makes sense because I've had M42 and non A converters that did not have a loose aperture lever, so I thought it was a little odd for this one to have it.