Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Disabling TC AF

AF TCs have their place but in some situations I'd prefer to use catch-in-focus. Is there some (preferably simple) way to disable the TCs AF (but retain auto-aperture functionality?)

07-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What TC is it Dave? I am guessing it is using screw drive AF? I have tried on 2 different TC's [using screw drive] to no avail.
07-29-2012, 05:29 AM   #3
Moo

I haven't tried it, but I think covering the 7th contact with tape should disable autofocus and basically make it act like a more normal TC.
I also seem to remember reading that you can use CIF by holding the lens release button (which retracts the AF drive shaft), but I don't remember what camera was being discussed at that time, and you'd still have the AF noise, and having to hold the button in could get annoying.
Another way would be to disable the autofocus-when-half-pressing-shutter-button. You'd then use the AF button on the K-5 to activate AF. This is great if you use a mixture of manual and auto focus too.
07-29-2012, 05:50 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks for the replies, guys. It's a (screw-drive) Kenko 1.4x, Joe. I'll experiment with your suggestions, Moo.