Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Ever came across a deal too hard to pass….

…and you just don't have enough funds because of a recent purchase? I just bought a K-5 not too long ago (which I do not regret) and still recovering from that spending. Last night I came across a Craigslist ad for a DA* 50-135 ($500), DA*16-50 with bad AF ($200), F*300($700), 50mm f1.4 ($90), Tokina 28-85 f4 ($20), K10D w/kit lens ($450) or $1500 FOR ALL!!! Maybe the K10 is little high and the 50 f1.4 is within range but what he was asking for “all”? Maybe it’s just me but I thought that would’ve been a great deal, or is it? I just simply couldn’t afford it Granted the 16-50 had bad AF but still, there’s supposed to be a DIY for it that would’ve been worth a try. Of course they’re gone now and won’t be surprise if a forum member bought them all. Oh well….I guess they’re not mine

07-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
Pentaxian

It wasn't me...but I did see that ad...
07-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That's insane! Those prices are cheap....!!! Still...even if you bought them...you could have sold it at a higher price to cover the loan....
07-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow, someone got a very good deal!

I've come across some pretty awesome deals, too... except that I'm not going to post them because then you guys would hate me.

07-28-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
It wasn't me...but I did see that ad...
The phone number came out as a photography studio up in Fort Collins....I wouldn't have mind the drive
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxtic Quote
That's insane! Those prices are cheap....!!! Still...even if you bought them...you could have sold it at a higher price to cover the loan....
They were! For what he was asking for "all" he practically gave the K10D for free!
QuoteOriginally posted by Julie Quote
Wow, someone got a very good deal!

I've come across some pretty awesome deals, too... except that I'm not going to post them because then you guys would hate me.
Somebody sure did! Craigslist "sometimes" do have good deals but I don't think I've came across one like this.
07-28-2012, 06:52 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:

Somebody sure did! Craigslist "sometimes" do have good deals but I don't think I've came across one like this.
Not sometimes- lots of times! You just have to be quick or someone else will snatch it up.

I remember a few years ago, back when less people knew about and used craigslist, you could get some really good deals. Now, there are TONS of people who wait for something good to come up at a cheap price, they act fast and buy it, then they resell it on Ebay or wherever... They take all the fun out of bargain hunting.
07-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Not sometimes- lots of times! You just have to be quick or someone else will snatch it up.

I remember a few years ago, back when less people knew about and used craigslist, you could get some really good deals. Now, there are TONS of people who wait for something good to come up at a cheap price, they act fast and buy it, then they resell it on Ebay or wherever... They take all the fun out of bargain hunting.
That's the trouble -- they get flooded with requests to buy it, so they know they asked too little...
07-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #8
Pentaxian

That's a really good deal, it's a bummer that possibly someone on the forums didn't get the deal though. However if it were some other person, it would be nice to see another Pentaxian aboard.

07-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Original Poster

I "think" I was quick/lucky enough. The posting time was only about 4 minutes old or less when I came across it.....just didn't have the ammo

@LeDAve - He/She could still be a forum member.......no grudges though. If even good catch for him/her
07-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K57XR Quote
I "think" I was quick/lucky enough. The posting time was only about 4 minutes old or less when I came across it.....just didn't have the ammo

@LeDAve - He/She could still be a forum member.......no grudges though. If even good catch for him/her
That's why I keep an accessible cash stash for expensive craigslist/garage sale finds- never know what'll come up!
07-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #11
Veteran Member

The buyers from KEH troll craigslist in search for the good deals that they can turn for quuck profit, also lots of ebayers do the same...
07-28-2012, 11:44 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Most of my lenses fall into that category. Heck, all of them do, actually.

The real test will be if I purchase any lenses between now and tax season as I'm currntly DSLR-less and waiting on fundage for the K-30. If I blow cash on a lens I won't be able to use (short of loading up a film camera) between now and then, I'll know it had to of been a steal.