Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #16

Once again, images are just beautiful. Cheers.

08-02-2012, 03:52 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm one of those guys posting images with the 15 in the woods. It's perfect for that. As a matter of fact a lot of times I would like to go wider but I won't give up the small size of the 15 to get one of the zoom options. I might get a zoom in addition to it someday though. I pair my 15 with a K24/M28, a DA40/A50 and a DFA100/M135 and I'm ready for almost anything.

08-02-2012, 04:50 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I think you probably should get something wide to fill that gap in your lineup. Since you are leaning towards the 15, I would go for it. If in the end you find it too wide then sell it on the marketplace and try something in the 20s. Still, I think you will be happy with the 15. I stayed with a zoom for my ultra wide, but 15 is a great focal length for things in your corner of the world...I am not sure where in the wilderness of NW Pa you are, but I liked being ultra wide for the Kinzua Dam, farm shots, woods shots, etc. I used to frequently travel to Warren, Elk, Forest, Erie, and Crawford counties for work.

After you satisify your desire to try wide, I must recommend the 77! The 60-250 is my favorite zoom as well. And I kind of thought the 77 would be unnecessary because it falls in that range, but I was wrong. All of the things I love about the 60-250 but even better. The IQ on that lens is simply spectacular.
08-02-2012, 07:05 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for your examples of the 15mm in the woods abacus - exactly the type of shooting I have been talking about.

Allison - I am actually in the next county east of Elk county - Cameron county. And besides the shooting in the woods at home, I mean to spend some more time where my in laws live in an Amish valley east of State College. I just love farm images and plan to use the lens I buy for some farm scenes.

Thanks again for everyone's input - it all really does help!