Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2012, 12:54 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you skipping Zeiss 35mm f1.4 for bargain?
There is no cure for LBA.

08-07-2012, 02:41 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JonPB Quote
Enjoy what you do. Embrace the LBA if you enjoy it. If not, take what you've got and show the world just how much more important the 10 inches behind the eyes are than the 10 inches in front of them.
Exactly!! LBA is but just another factor of photography itself! LOL! Oh well, well said here.. I guess an idle eye is the devil's workshop eh? No photo opportunity, then comes the LBA virus.. :P

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
let me see if i understand it...this is a thread whereby someone is stating they have FINALIZED their lens collection?
Funny, right? End of LBA = end of photography... To crudely put it that is...
08-16-2012, 06:55 AM - 1 Like   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
It is usable right from f/3.5,
and on a newer CMOS sensor,
you can just crank up the ISO.
LBA sucks....

I now possess a Leica 180mm/f4 in K mount. Shaaarp! I have an incoming VL 90mm/F3.5 (I took your advice. I am done.... or am I?)
08-16-2012, 07:13 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by subidoc Quote
I now possess a Leica 180mm/f4 in K mount. Shaaarp!
Leitaxed?
Let us know how it works.
I was finally able to get an Apo-Lanthar 180/4,
to upgrade from the M200/4.

(I am done.... or am I?)
Will you resist the DA Limited Zoom when it appears?

08-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
You do realize the next stage in LBA is when you buy another copy of each lens you already own just to keep the better copy and sell the other?
Woah. I have not reached this stage of LBA. I too thought I was "done" with my lens collection and then yesterday someone posts about a Sigma 50-150 for sale at the Sigma Outlet and I got the sudden urge to check my bank account balance to see if I could afford it... thank goodness their inventory ran out!
08-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
Leitaxed?
Let us know how it works.
I was finally able to get an Apo-Lanthar 180/4,
to upgrade from the M200/4.

Will you resist the DA Limited Zoom when it appears?

Yes! Leitaxed... The original mount was included on the side. As for resisting the DA Limited Zoom.... Not really tempted by DA zooms.... I dunno why. I just like primes. Now, if the "limited" versions arive, they are going to be unjustifiably expensive, methinks. (But guarenteed, there is going to be buckets of drool and slobber to clean up)
08-17-2012, 07:54 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Not really tempted by DA zooms
I'd be tempted if it was at least f/3.2 constant, same quality build as all DA limiteds, weighs under 400 grams or so, and covers a 20-35 range. Basically, a digital version of the FA 20-35 lens. Would serve as a nice complement to my F 35-70. Of course, depends on the price. If $600-650, might be worth it?
08-17-2012, 08:07 AM   #23

Original Poster
Again, I think I am spoilt by (or biased towards) primes... Easy use, smooth MF, no AF parts to ever worry about (you know, crap happens), etc

08-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter

omg...i didn't know sigma had an outlet...not good!!!
08-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pearsaab Quote
omg...i didn't know sigma had an outlet...not good!!!
Here......let me help you........

Sigma Outlet Shop | sigmaphoto.com
08-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
OP, looking at your profile, upgrade that obsolete camera of yours before you want to talk about something elusive like a final lens collection. The reason is the newer and higher resolution sensors will naturally show up which lenses can deliver in terms of sharpness.
08-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #27

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
OP, looking at your profile, upgrade that obsolete camera of yours before you want to talk about something elusive like a final lens collection. The reason is the newer and higher resolution sensors will naturally show up which lenses can deliver in terms of sharpness.
You are correct in that I am somewhat limited by the camera. However, a sharp lens is a sharp lens, no matter how you dice it. Since switching the focus screen to a split-prism scren, I never felt limited by my camera - and that may sound strange. I feel comfortable now with my lens line up, enough to start thinking of upgrading to the K-30. I am glad I waited since focus peaking has made its appearance in the Pentax line (finally), and I am sure this aspect is going to add to the ease of use of MF lenses. Now, I need to have the patience to wait till Dec-Jan before that.

I am reminded of a comment made by someone who I met while developing film at his store, many, many years ago. He said - "You could have a $1000 camera and a $50 lens, and you will get $50 pictures; get a $1000 lens, and you will get $1000 pictures." Now I sure he meant that figuratively, and not meaning any disrespect to older, esteemed glass, but without being petty, most people would get he idea. I have begun to understand the truth in this - but can't say I have the courage thus far to justify a $1000 lens. But I'm sure that will come one day....