Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #16
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
that's a sweet deal, unfortunately it's not practical for me, Buffalo is too far from toronto to make it worth it (add in the gass cost and the mailing address in the states and i'm back to just ship via USPS to Toronto, I've had 12 shipments in a 6 week period arrive through Canada post top value was $90 not tax yet. haven't had a high value in quite some time
If i lived in Vancouver I'd do the same likely
For this service you just get a number id which you include in their delivery address. The yearly fee is $12.00 and $2.50 per item that they receive. If you do not want to pay the anual fee then it is $5.00 per item received. Gasing up in the US is also part of the trip, so you kill two birds with one stone. They open at 07:00 Saturdays so that's when I usually go down when the traffic/boarder line-up is less.

Phil.

08-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just so this info is out there, I spoke to a salesperson at KEH and he said that if it is BGN rated the problems it does have won't affect image quality or functionality of the lens. The UG rating in reserved for stuff like that. So you should be able to buy BGN without hesitation.
08-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

UG i would avoid (though i bought one that was not bad, but had a couple of issues (bent filter ring, and slipping grip) that i fixed, but agreed best to aavoid Ug but everything else is worth a look (ex+ with them looks like new most times)
08-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I've bought multiple BGN items from KEH over the years and always been blown away by the condition...in a good way. I bought a Canon T90 body which just had a non-original viewfinder eye cup, a Tokina 35-70/2.8 in Canon FD mount which had some ever-so-slight fading of the black rubber grips on the zoom & focus rings, and a Pentax F 70-210/4-5.6 which really I can't find any flaws with. Well, I dialed in a +1 autofocus adjustment for it but that's nothing.

08-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Keep an eye on the KEH site on the weekends - I've noticed for the past couple months that they well offer free shipping on everything once a month.

I agree with the consensus here - I've bought and sold to KEH and have been very satisfied with all my transactions with them.
08-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Just bought a bgn sigma 170-500 from them. A bit of dust inside, but otherwise very nice. I wouldnt hesitate to purchase something bgn.
08-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I got my BGN lens today from KEH and you were right - it is better condition than I expected - a little rough on the body but optics seem fine. One thing of interest is the holes that are on the edge of the built-in filter. Looks like someone drilled though to both sides....see photo. Any ideas what might have caused this?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
XZ-1  Photo 
08-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pbancr Quote
Any ideas what might have caused this?

Ring flash attachment?

08-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #24
Site Supporter

has anyone gone to one of their "road shows"? there is one coming to toronto on aug 24-25 and was wondering if it was worth the 2 hour drive

thanks

randy
08-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #25

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by slip Quote
has anyone gone to one of their "road shows"? there is one coming to toronto on aug 24-25 and was wondering if it was worth the 2 hour drive
I was under the impression that their "road shows" were more about KEH buying your old stuff from you, than for KEH to sell their wares. In my area, the venue was a camera store that offered some discount on things that day. Don't know if that's a usual arrangement or not.

If I'm correct, then it's unlikely to be worth a 2 hour drive, IMO.
08-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by contrabass Quote
I was under the impression that their "road shows" were more about KEH buying your old stuff from you, than for KEH to sell their wares. In my area, the venue was a camera store that offered some discount on things that day. Don't know if that's a usual arrangement or not.

If I'm correct, then it's unlikely to be worth a 2 hour drive, IMO.
the store putting it on specializes in used gear and nikon, and yeah it's about buying, i have some stuff on CL locally and have had them contact me about it
08-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
This is one of the first photos I took with the BGN rated A50 2.8 lens I bought from KEH...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo