Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #16
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had all three FA ltds, all MIJ silver. 77 was higher SN with black pouch, 31 was one of the few first ones with red pouch and out of the 4 copies I had of 43, 1 was black with black pouch, 3 were silver in brown pouches with low SNs. If I had them all at the same time, I could pick the black one any time out of them. It had consistently colder colours and underexposed more compared to the other three. Say what you will but my personal experience leads me to believe that there is a difference between first silver series and the rest. Many who say there isn't only tried one lens...Whether that difference is worth extra money is up to you. When I was selling my lenses I sold them all within 20 of the same price if my memory serves me well.
There shouldn't be any difference between AIV and MIJ though.

My 2p

Last edited by axl; 08-14-2012 at 10:25 PM.
08-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've come across a silver FA43 that was Assembled in Vietnam in the marketplace - https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/sold-items/191418-sale-sold-fs-pentax-fa4...ly-485usd.html

And a MIJ silver that didnt have a low serial no. IMG_1191 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This all sounds like urban myths to me, apart from the banning of leaded glass which took effect from July 2006.