Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2008, 06:55 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
M42 screw-mount adapter advice

I'd like to pick up a few old Super Takumar screw mount lenses. Any advice on where to get M42-K adapters, and is there anything negative to watch out for? I vaguely remember hearing about problems with the adapter getting stuck in the camera, or focus-to-infinity problems with some adapters, but I don't remember the specifics.

If anyone has any links to suggested adapters for sale, please post those also.

Thanks!

01-28-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
Forum Member

One of the recent threads on the same topic:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/19431-pentax-t...s-bayonet.html
01-29-2008, 09:52 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I have a Bower from B&H, and recently bought the genuine Pentax part from pentax online.

The Bower is nice, though after some use the clip has lost some tension and the adapter tends to come off with the lens. Also, when screwing a lens on it doesn't screw all the way to 12 o'clock - more like 11 - 11:30.

So far the Pentax part seems more rugged - you put it on or take it off using e.g. a pen - and the lens screws on closer to 12 noon.

There's a price difference though.
01-29-2008, 10:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I just use my thumb nail to press that pin. And they aren't long.

I've only owned the genuine Pentax, and wouldn't dream of saving a few $ in this department.