Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2012, 05:52 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Quick question for DA*60-250 owners

I have had a 60-250 for a couple months now, and am very happy with the IQ. However there are two minor issues with my 60-250. I was wondering if any other 60-250 owners noticed these things with their copy.

1. When zoomed completely in, the hash mark does not rest in between the 6 and 0 as I would expect, it rests atop the six. It is mis-aligned equivalently at the long end.

2. This is more of a concern. I typicaly store lenses vertically resting with the mount on the top. With the 60-250, the lens compresses under it's own weight a bit farther then you can compress it using the zoom ring. That is, the inner barrel retacts further into the outer barrel when placed on it's end, front element side down. I have not noticed this with other similarly designed lenses such as the 55-300, 18-250, 18-135, and so on.

Thanks for looking.

08-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
Ari
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I owned this lens and I had a few other issues; this was the first Pentax zoom I ever owned that had a serious creep problem and it was the only zoom that gave the wrong focal length information to the camera (I had two copies and even had Pentax test one of them and they couldn't replicate the issues I had). My best advice is that, no matter what issues you have, the lens is a stellar performer. It was the most I ever paid for a new lens and I think I was nitpicking on it's performance. As long as it's not behaving destructively (ie it's resting in a destructive way) ignore it. And enjoy the amazing IQ.
08-14-2012, 08:40 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Oh, I will definitely be able to enjoy this lens, it has great IQ. I just want to understand whether this is normal for this lens or not, then, either way, I can stop worrying about it.