Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2012, 02:37 AM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks again everyone for your replies. One of the lenses I've decided to get is the FA77, from everything I've read it sounds like something special and what has been said in this thread seems to confirm this. Because of the price I'd like to try before I buy but unfortunately the one company I know about who hire out Pentax lenses here in the UK is waiting to receive one from Pentax and it could be a couple of months before its available. At the wider end I'm thinking about a Pentax 12-24 or the DA 15, the same company has both of these in stock so I'm going to give the DA 15 a go tomorrow and meantime I'll carry on using my 18-55 kit lens, which actually is capable of producing some pretty decent shots and my Tamron 70-300 for the longer lengths which also , despite being built like 2 toilet rolls one inside the other , has also produced some ok shots including action shots. I think because it was cheap and because of the not fantastic build quality I was expecting the 50-135 to put it in the shade but to be honest that hasn't happened , which is another reason why I'm thinking about the primes now .That's maybe a different topic though which I should start another thread for.