Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Ricoh Pin Lens Removal Instructions - From Sears Itself

I bought a couple of old cheap (real cheap) lenses off eBay, and both lenses may as well be classed 'as new'. The only thing missing on both were the caps.

As a bonus, they both had their original manuals with them. As I was flipping through the 70-210mm manual, a sheet of paper fell out.

Behold, lens removal instructions for a Sears lens laden with the infamous Ricoh Pin.

Not sure if its still relevant on a DSLR, but I can't help but think that they had to have printed this out for a reason - such as people with first gen autofocus cameras getting stuck lenses?

08-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
Not sure if its still relevant on a DSLR, but I can't help but think that they had to have printed this out for a reason - such as people with first gen autofocus cameras getting stuck lenses?
Looks like standard advice for removing a zoom lens from a K-mount, nothing too special about it. I don't think it relates to the pin. What's the date in the manual? The Ricoh pin is only a problem on AF bodies, and the Pentax SF1 was introduced in 1987. If the manual predates that, then it can't relate to anything regarding lenses with the Ricoh pin getting stuck on AF bodies.