Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
Forum Member

Where to find tripod foot mount for DA* 60-250?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hi,

I broke the tripod mount foot that clamps onto the body of my 60-250mm DA* zoom lens. I can't seem to find the replacement part on Pentax's website. Does anyone have a part number and/or know where I can find a replacement? Thanks!

08-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
This would be an unusual item to have available in a catalog.

Use 'contact us' on their site and ask for it in the message. See what they can do.
08-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sorry, I have to ask....

How did you break it?

All the best finding a new one, the other poster is correct, that would be a call or email to Pentax parts.
08-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by germar Quote
Sorry, I have to ask....

How did you break it?

All the best finding a new one, the other poster is correct, that would be a call or email to Pentax parts.
Hi, thanks, I'll just call Pentax. To answer your question, I dropped the lens as I picked up my camera bag. I think the tripod mount took the brunt of the fall since it broke at the attachment point to the lens body. Thankfully the lens seems okay. I amazed that it survived the crash landing but the tripod foot did not - yikes!

08-19-2012, 02:39 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wjax Quote
Hi, thanks, I'll just call Pentax. To answer your question, I dropped the lens as I picked up my camera bag. I think the tripod mount took the brunt of the fall since it broke at the attachment point to the lens body. Thankfully the lens seems okay. I amazed that it survived the crash landing but the tripod foot did not - yikes!
... for sure better than breaking the lens and have the tripod mount left intact
08-19-2012, 05:31 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That must have been quite a fall to break that foot! At least if something had to break it was the tripod mount and not the lens. I am interested to hear if Pentax is able to replace it for you.
11-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
Okay some follow up here. I called Pentax and waited for about three weeks for the rep to get me a price and availability info on the tripod mount. She said that she thought the part was pretty expensive ($100-$150) but she would check for me promptly. When I did not hear anything back I called her two or three times and she kept promising that she would let me know something but she never followed up and overall was entirely unhelpful. So I bit the bullet and sent it in for repair. It was fixed relatively promptly by C.R.I.S. and at what I considered a reasonable price ($130). They even replaced the ring that the mount was attached to since is was very slightly deformed from the accident and they also did a general check on the lens optics. So the moral of the story is when something like this happens don't bother with the Pentax parts rep, just send it in for repair.

11-09-2017, 02:29 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have that one, it's really solid.
11-09-2017, 04:42 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I bought that part for my K for Q Adapter (it is the same part) when Pentax still sold parts direct to the public. As I recall it was $40 shipped.
11-11-2017, 03:14 PM   #11
Pentaxian

With an anti-twist lip this plate prevents twisting between the plate and lens foot and is usable on booth DA* 60-250 and DA* 300.
Lens Plate for Pentax 300mm f/4 ED IF SMC Pentax -DA lens - 300mm f/4 ED IF SMC Pentax-DA - Pentax - Lens Mounting | Kirk Photo
08-14-2018, 09:14 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Replacement foot -60-250 and 300mm

I have found that Nodal Ninja Panoramic Photography Equipment has a replacement foot for the Pentax DA* 60-250mm and DA* 300mm. Here is a link to their site:
Photography Accessories | Panoramic Photography | Tripod Head - Nodal Ninja
I just ordered one, so I have no comments about it, yet.
08-14-2018, 09:20 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a Fanotech replacement foot that I'm planning to sell. LMK if you want it.

---------- Post added 08-14-18 at 10:21 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by stanwi3 Quote
I have found that Nodal Ninja Panoramic Photography Equipment has a replacement foot for the Pentax DA* 60-250mm and DA* 300mm. Here is a link to their site:
That looks identical to the one I have and in some ways it's better than the OEM one but the foot part is a little small without a tripod plate attached.
It stays on a lot better than the original!
08-14-2018, 10:29 AM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stanwi3 Quote
I'd wrote this link 9 months ago 5 posts before yours